Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-27-2012, 02:39 AM

MMAX is on a distinguished road
Default Well so much for that idea...

With all the dosing talk in here and the batch of chems I mixed up this afternoon I went to fire up my unit tonight. Brand new out of the box GHL Profilux stand alone fried. Time, date and schedules set then all hell broke loose. Started automatically scrolling through every menu that it had, couldn't get it to stop. Back in the box, road trip to C-Town sometime this week.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:32 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

That is very odd for a Profilux, good thing they have a good warranty.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 02-28-2012, 04:52 AM

Aquaria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAX View Post
With all the dosing talk in here and the batch of chems I mixed up this afternoon I went to fire up my unit tonight. Brand new out of the box GHL Profilux stand alone fried. Time, date and schedules set then all hell broke loose. Started automatically scrolling through every menu that it had, couldn't get it to stop. Back in the box, road trip to C-Town sometime this week.
It happens. Iv pulled brand new computers, cellphones, toys ect out of boxes for them to be doa just return for another one pita yes but what do u do
Old 02-28-2012, 03:08 PM

reefgirl189 is on a distinguished road

Do you go to the vendor for warranty with profilux or is another one of those wild goose chases with little results?

The reason I ask is because I didn't get a receipt when I purchased mine...
Old 02-28-2012, 03:59 PM

no_bs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefgirl189 View Post
Do you go to the vendor for warranty with profilux or is another one of those wild goose chases with little results?
No such thing with Profilux.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:02 PM

Idk how there warrenty works but with other electronics u lose the reciept your SOL pretty sure they need proof of purchase they want to make sure u haven't had it for longer then the life of the warrenty. NOW if they come with a lifetime warrenty that's another story but I havnt seen a single electronic device that comes with one of those
Old 02-28-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefgirl189 View Post

You might get lucky if the vendor u purchased from remembers u bought it from them most vendors in Edmonton got to know me well, before i moved anyway
Old 02-29-2012, 02:18 AM

Off to Calgary tomorrow, got it from Red Coral and I have my receipt.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:39 AM

Just an update...Kevin was just as baffled as I was with this problem. What we found was the left arrow button was pushed in but didn't release causing the scrolling issue. Pushed the button a few times and it finally let go. All other operations of the unit were fine so I guess this was an easy fix.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:32 PM

BigAl07 is on a distinguished road

ProfiLux has one of the best "support" programs in the business. The dealers support and repair most of their own problems and if it's a bigger issue you're VERY lucky in that you have the North American support rep in Canada (Aqua_Digital) and who is also a member of your forum here. Also most of the dealers are very knowledgeable and can help you out remotely for many issues. Add to this our very own North American GHL support forum http://profiluxsupport.com/forumdisp...?1-GHL-Support and you have a team of support that's pretty much unheard of in the electronic industry.

Regarding:Do you go to the vendor for warranty with profilux or is another one of those wild goose chases with little results?

North American GHL dealers are VERY helpful and will work with you as much as they can. It's always good to have a receipt especially for such a big dollar item but most will work with you so long as it's within reason.

Re:It happens. Iv pulled brand new computers, cellphones, toys ect out of boxes for them to be doa just return for another one pita yes but what do u do That's VERY rare with GHL components. Their attention to quality goes for materials, workmanship, and they have an outstanding QC program. Most of the time they go WAY over-board on products (ie using Lab Grade probes etc) which means the products are extremely high quality with few in the field problems.

MMAX thanks for the update. I'm glad it was something so simple. I'm confident that if you have a problem in the future your dealer will do their best to take care of you the best way possible. I suspect you'll have years of trouble free operation of your new unit.

Allen