Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Progressive Reef

Old 01-31-2012, 09:24 PM

ProReef is on a distinguished road
Default Profilux Packs for 2012!

Well its 2012 and GHL has made a few changes to the packages being offered!

Profilux 3 Starter Pack - $799

This is a great value pack to get started with a Profilux system.

Kit comes standard with a Profilux 3 controller, 6 Outlet Digital power bar (PAB interface), generic PH probe, Temperature probe, interface cables and calibration solutions.

Profilux 3 eX Mega Pack - $1199

Incredible bang for your buck with this kit, and one of my personal favorites.

This kit comes with the Profilux 3 eX controller (which gives you an extra pair of 1-10V control ports, conductivity sensor, redox sensor, and an extra level sensor), 6 Outlet Digital power bar (PAB interface), generic Ph Probe, temperature probe, platinum conductivity (salinity) probe, interface cables and calibration solutions.

Profilux 3 eX Ultimate Pack - $1699

This is the kit for the gadget lover, and one that I built my own rig around.

Out of the box this kit comes with the Profilux 3 eX controller (which gives you an extra pair of 1-10V control ports, conductivity sensor, redox sensor, and an extra level sensor), 6 Outlet Digital power bar (PAB interface), generic Ph Probe, temperature probe, platinum conductivity (salinity) probe, redox probe, interface cables and calibration solutions.

Then to sweeten the deal, they even threw in a Profilux Touch!

With any of the packs, you can upgrade to a GHL brand Ph probe for $79.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:27 PM

Ryan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryan

Any chance they worked the bugs out of their software yet?

I was looking into the profilux because of the touch screen but after seeing all the bad reviews about the software I am really hesitant to purchase one.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:30 AM

no_bs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
after seeing all the bad reviews about the software I am really hesitant to purchase one.
No bad reviews here.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:34 AM

Ryan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryan

I have talked to a couple guys on here and Reef Central is full of them.

Noone has been mad at the actual products so far the only complaint has been the software crashing half way through programming.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:25 PM

BigAl07 is on a distinguished road

No bad reviews here either.

The only "Crash" problems I've encountered during programming (had it for a few years now) are local network problems. If in the middle of programming your network loses connection or has a hiccup no device can account for that. Other than the few months we tested the software BETA 6.0 (which was withdrawn from testing last year) there have been few real problems. BETA 6.0 was pure BETA and not openly released so really that doesn't even count in this conversation

I'm logged into my ProfiLux right now from my office (PC at the moment but can do the same from my Droid Razr Maxx) and that's about as complicated as you can get trying to get all system working/talking together across the internet.

Re: Bad Reviews at RC - You've also got to take into account that some people can never be pleased no matter what you do. Check on some of the other forums where people are talking about ProfiLux and it's rave reviews.

ProfiLux isn't a "plug it and forget it" type of controller. It's designed to be so extremely flexible that it's mind boggling what it can do and this flexibility does bring with it some complexity. One caveat has been the manuals for the unit. They were originated in German and translated into "Engineer English". Several people are actively converting them into more "common" English and even producing Video How-To guides each day now. It just gets better and better to be a ProfiLux owner/user.

ProfiLux has a plethora of Customer Support including 2 dedicated support forums (one specifically for North America to give local support). I was just involved with a new ProfiLux customer who was installing a brand new set of Apollo LED lights. This combination was brand new and ProfiLux Customer service literally made specific videos on-demand to help the user be able to configure his Apollo LED to be controlled by ProfiLux.

I've been a happy ProfiLux user since 2008 or so.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 PM

RedCoralEdmonton is on a distinguished road

I have 2 profilux 3s running in the store and havent had any problems with them either, other then when I was setting one up I had network issues as well, but since ive hardwired it, its been all good!

Steve
Old 02-03-2012, 09:42 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

BUGS? There will always be product haters, most have never used the product in reality.

But in terms of bug, nope this is one of GHL's strongest assests, the product is sold for its reliability, so much so national research institues now use them, some that comes to mind is salt lake City medical research center, and Boston uni. Bermuda reptile center, Toronto Uni, Plymouth public aquarium relies on ProfiLux for the whole show. I cant think of another controller on the market that has those kind of credentials.

wireless can be an issue as it is employing a lot of third party hardware not made by GHL, so you are reliant on trying to get them all to interface this is no different than if you were trying to hook up an xbox wirelssely, same headaches. But as you have 4 other connectivity options you dont really have to worry about that.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 02-03-2012 at 09:55 PM.