Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 06-22-2010, 08:02 PM

Reef_surfer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
I just finished replying to you on Nano-reef.

According to the Americun's you are going directly to jail.

Glad it all got sorted out.

Andrew
yeah do not pass go do not collect 200$ but when i was on the phone with the guy he said there is no problems but he has to wait for environment canada to clear it........

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbios View Post
Hopefully you don't get hit with brokerage fees now.
well the fedex guys said i shouldnt get hit with any bc its only 50$ but who knows. if that happens guess what

i now live on a reserve and going to change my shipping address and use my treaty card.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:12 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Zoanthids should be fine for an extra day in shipping. Remain optimistic. Good luck.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:36 PM

Atomikk is on a distinguished road

Corals are listed in Appendex 3 in the CITES agreement. Athough it does say corals are covered, the wording is specific to those corals that are attached to a piece of live rock, or are made out of calciferous material (ie stony corals). Therefore soft corals that are not attached onto a piece of rock rubble, or are on plastic/ceramic/man made plugs can be shipped without any permits.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:11 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomikk View Post
Corals are listed in Appendex 3
http://cites.org/eng/app/index.shtml

Appendix 1 lists species that are most threatened with extinction; Appendix 2 lists species that may become so threatened without control in traffic; and Appendix 3 lists species "included at the request of a Party that already regulates trade in the species and that needs the cooperation of other countries to prevent unsustainable or illegal exploitation". Anyhow so "corals" aren't necessarily 1, 2 or 3 but may be listed in any of these categories depending on the individual species and where how endangered that species may currently be. For example there are 181 "Acropora" species listed, most of which are Appendix 2 but I'm sure there are some in 1 and some in 3 as well.

One can search the CITES database here:
http://www.cites.org/eng/resources/species.html