Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 10-14-2011, 12:36 AM

figdish is on a distinguished road
Default how to get rid of aptasia(?)

Hey all, I am looking to purchase Berghia Nudibranch if anyone can let me know where in Calgary sells. Found out could get rid of my Astapsia ( or however u spell it, let alone say it) with these neat little guys. Not only will they get rid of my pests, they look cool too.
BTW really liken this site all
cheers
Old 10-14-2011, 01:48 AM

nozwal is on a distinguished road

none LFS in calgary that i kno of sells them. red coral carries them but NFS yet. how much aptasia do u have? what i do is I take the rock out and take a lighter and burn it. there are other means to solve this problem but i found best is just to burn them before they get any bigger.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:28 AM

figdish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozwal View Post
none LFS in calgary that i kno of sells them. red coral carries them but NFS yet. how much aptasia do u have? what i do is I take the rock out and take a lighter and burn it. there are other means to solve this problem but i found best is just to burn them before they get any bigger.
wouldn't burning them kill everything else on rock?
Old 10-14-2011, 02:32 AM

BMahura is on a distinguished road

Red coral had them in a little while ago. Might be some left
Old 10-14-2011, 02:48 AM

nozwal is on a distinguished road

like i just said, red coral has them but its not for sale, hes trying to breed them and grow them. just take ur rock out, dont burn the whole thing lol just torch the area with aptasia
Old 10-14-2011, 02:57 AM

reefmaster12345 is on a distinguished road
Default Red Coral

does any one know the email i can talk to the guy at red coral i have millons and millons of aptasia i just want it gone or trade the rock let me know i have coral for sale as well and fish want everything gone i will sell everything in my tank for 1000
Old 10-14-2011, 05:17 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Filefish do the job and will eat real food once it's done with the aptasia.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:22 AM

reefmaster12345 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Filefish do the job and will eat real food once it's done with the aptasia.
file fish will eat all your lps coral before they will even go near the aptasia the best bet is to talk to the guy at red coral he may take the rock and trade u
Old 10-14-2011, 05:26 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmaster12345 View Post
file fish will eat all your lps coral before they will even go near the aptasia the best bet is to talk to the guy at red coral he may take the rock and trade u
no, mine doesn't touch anything. It ate all the aptasia, now it eats pellets and mysis. Doesn't touch the LPS, zoos or mushrooms. Not sure I've heard of them eating corals at all..

edit: I have one in each of my tanks, and I've had a few that I lost. All of them behaved the same, so I didn't just get lucky.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:42 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmaster12345 View Post

ive had 2 file fish, the older one one never touched anything at all and not only did he clear my tank out of plaque proportions he ate frozen and was always swimming around being friendly.the younger one i had was in a tank full of zoanthids and lps and he nipped a bit but caused no real harm, he cleaned out the tank of aiptasia in no time no more risk than adding an angel to a reef some will nip some wont. nudis are a expensive and slow process the nudis themselves are expensive and 2 dont do anything for you especially in a bigtank so you need to buy lots or breed them...strength in numbers... and that takes more time.ive done both raised nudis and had the filefish and ill have a filefish in every tank from now on just cause i find them to be fast and reliable and less maintanance.