Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-28-2015, 03:01 AM

TripleT is on a distinguished road
Default Alien Reef

Has anybody recorded a National Geographic special "Alien Reef" ?

I watched it about 3 weeks ago, and have been unable to find it on the net.

It was about the discovery of the corals on these reefs where corals and sponges exist below 8 degrees C. Some of the claims were pretty incredible.

Just would like to confirm and get a copy of this program for myself.

Thx,
Terry
Old 10-28-2015, 04:46 AM

GoFish is on a distinguished road

Hey Terry,
It was a series called "Pure Nature Specials" Season 1 episode 4

Here's the video... http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2l...alien-reefs_tv
Old 10-28-2015, 12:28 PM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

Thats awesome! Thanks for the link
Old 10-28-2015, 05:30 PM

You da man!

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2015, 06:40 PM

No worries! Now lets cure cancer with sponges?!
Old 10-28-2015, 08:00 PM

I have always believed that this planet holds a cure for every single one of our physical ailments. Unfortunately, sources may be destroyed before we find these cures. Also, my conspiracy theory generator says: big business may horde these new discoveries to keep the cancer, MS or whatever cure may be found in the name of profit or population control.
My rant for the day...
Old 10-28-2015, 08:51 PM

Not sure about every single ailment but I agree that there are cures for many diseases that either haven't been found yet, or shelved by big business.

I keep thinking over the years about starting a website that raises money in the form of a reward for the person or people that find definitive cures for specific diseases. Instead of donating toward cancer "research" you donate by adding to the cancer "reward". So if say a team of doctors/scientists researching a cure for Ebola discovers a cure, instead of pretending it never happened and getting their 500k a year salary and/or placing a call to Pfizer who then buys the formula and them and shelves it so they continue to make billions off their "remedies", the scientists have a goal in which they get paid a large sum, and recognition. If they sell the formula to Pfizer they get paid but no recognition thanks to confidentiality agreements

There are many technologies that have been bought and shelved by big business that would make the world a better place... Greed . I know of one product in particular that was developed in North Vancouver, it has now been bought by Duracell and will most likely never be released
Old 10-29-2015, 05:35 PM

saltcreep is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
Also, my conspiracy theory generator says: big business may horde these new discoveries to keep the cancer, MS or whatever cure may be found in the name of profit or population control.
My rant for the day...
This thread will get derailed extremely quickly.

The conspiracy theorists' argument that big business/pharma is suppressing cures for diseases, particularly cancer, is so contradictory. Look at it from the point of view that there is more money to be made from the cure than what is being put into research. Take it a step further and there is also a lot at stake for the individual labs/researchers. Wouldn't you love to have your name associated with the "cure"? Sometimes, people need to step away from the tin foil.

My brother is a Yale professor/researcher in the cancer field, and I can assure you that there is no suppression of the cure.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:44 PM

Sorry, but if is such a perfect world, why has Cuba had the vaccine for lung cancer since the '90's? They had trials done in Asia and Latin America. Inoculated their population around 2009 or so.

However, it was only after an American pharmaceutical invented it for themselves and patented it that this cure was available in North America. And this only became available in the last 2 years.

This leads me to believe that the the cure for pancreatic cancer will not be available till an American pharmaceutical patents the bacterial process which kills the cancer cells. Even though according to this program: "Alien Reef" states that a bacteria within a sponge on one of these cold water reefs kills pancreatic cancer.

So, to each his own tin foil or not...

There are two sides to every story, and the truth.