Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > JL Aquatics

Old 12-14-2012, 10:58 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road
Default Extremely happy!

I would like to say that I simply can't be happier with my first purchase from J&L. Bought a reefkeeper lite from there, shipped its very quickly and the packing was SIMPLY AWESOME! Seriously, for a small box with tightly packed controller, the packaging was a TOTAL OVERKILL! The package was BIG with lots and lots of air bags and other than hammering, the package couldn't be tampered in any way.

Thumbs up for their great service Although the email response have some rooms for improvement but that can be compensated for the toll-free number

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 12-14-2012, 11:08 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

They are indeed a good company to deal with. I don't think I have ever seen anyone complaining on Canreef about them.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
They are indeed a good company to deal with. I don't think I have ever seen anyone complaining on Canreef about them.
I have never seen such good packaging!

Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 PM

dada is on a distinguished road

+1, they are nice to deal with and I have been purchased stuff from them for over 2 years...
Old 12-14-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dada View Post
+1, they are nice to deal with and I have been purchased stuff from them for over 2 years...
The toll free number is a HUGE point!

Old 12-14-2012, 11:35 PM

Northernseacorals is on a distinguished road

Always received very well packaged stuff from J&L
Old 12-15-2012, 12:07 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

They can not be beat by anyone in Canada on pricing or amount of available merchandise for sale. I'm pretty sure they're the reason that most stores in BC don't survive. They crush the competition. The delivery service that is being used in my town is terrible though. It's not too impressive when you come home from a long weekend and see that the courier has dropped your $3500 dry goods shipment off on the doorstep and left. I'm glad I live in a nice area of town. But they insure the shipments.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
They can not be beat by anyone in Canada on pricing or amount of available merchandise for sale. I'm pretty sure they're the reason that most stores in BC don't survive. They crush the competition. The delivery service that is being used in my town is terrible though. It's not too impressive when you come home from a long weekend and see that the courier has dropped your $3500 dry goods shipment off on the doorstep and left. I'm glad I live in a nice area of town. But they insure the shipments.
Yah there's always a risk with drop-offs. I live at the back door which is completely separated from the front side. Once I had a cellphone delivered and the guys at the front kept it and didn't let me know! I had to call the company to get the tracking number and after seeing that its delivered one day before, I knocked on their door and they handed me over. I was so ****ed!

I noticed that J&L mostly have the prices set at US MRP which is a huge plus in Canada. They are possibly the most ideal online vendor (not sure about the store itself but have heard they are extremely good too) in this country.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:24 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

The store from is extremely small. I beleive everything is kept in a warehouse. The livestock area is a good size. Everytime I've visited there has not been any nice corals. They disappear really fast. Too many J&L groupies I guess
Old 12-15-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
The store from is extremely small. I beleive everything is kept in a warehouse. The livestock area is a good size. Everytime I've visited there has not been any nice corals. They disappear really fast. Too many J&L groupies I guess
I guess their prime business source is online. And like others, I must say they do it very well

I seriously can't exaggerated more on the packaging. I was literally flying with happiness when I saw how they packed the whole thing! Even laptops/TVs are not that well packed :P