Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Controller and Monitoring Specific

Old 01-07-2017, 07:06 PM

Reyphox is on a distinguished road
Default All Blue Titration Pump ( Doser ) 5 Heads Review with on going updates...

So I just purchased this All Blue 5 head doser off of eBay because it looks to have some promise over the other typical Jebao and chinese dosers. It cost about the same coming in at about $100USD + free shipping. I am starting this thread as an initial review and will follow up with updates on its functionality.

This pump uses a slightly different design where the motor uses a gearbox and a square coupling to the head. This should prevent slipping allowing for more accurate dosing as well as increase life span of motor because it doesn't have to drive a heavier load. During testing, the head's provided about 1 - 1.1 mL/s.

The built in controller is also easier to use. You don't have to press buttons a 1000 times like on the other chinese dosers just to program your schedule. You simply select the pump, set the amount of run time in seconds, the select at what hours of the day to execute the dose. It retains settings after a power outage and allows for manual dosing with a press of a button.

It came with a power adaptor and 5 check valves. It does not come with tubing or the instruction manual. The instructions where found on the eBay listing and where beyond horrible. I will be posting my own written instructions later on.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2017, 07:42 PM

warriorcookie is on a distinguished road

Cool.

Does it allow calibration? Or is dosing time based only?
Old 01-08-2017, 03:02 PM

There is no built in calibration feature but you can still get accurate dosing by figuring out the mL/s for the head and then adjusting your dosing schedule. Just set the head to 1 second per dose. Grab a measured container, the larger measurement the better but usually 100mL should do it. Press the manual dose execution until it fills to 100mL, mean while counting how many times you push the button. Now just divide 100mL by the amount of button presses and you get the mL/s.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:00 AM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

Following, I ordered a jebao doser and still waiting for it. Always nice to see other options available.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:01 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Can you tell us roughly how many ml it doses per second?

I am running a jebao and while abit of time to set it up it seems pretty consistent once dialed in. I admit the 1000 button pressing seems like a chore at first but it actually gets to be like playing a song on the piano or practicing my Chinese torture techniques....👇👇

I have been contemplating adding another doser to dose the trace, vitamins and possiblyno3/po4 reducers so an extra pump would help in that sense...

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 01-13-2017, 07:59 PM

I'm using only 2 heads ATM and they both at 1mL/s. My 3rd head came closer to 1.1mL/s. So when comparing between heads there might be a difference but the head it'self has been consistent.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:02 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Good to know thanks as I will be doing small doses per day like maybe 2 ml per day

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 10-23-2018, 06:03 AM

Haven't done one in a while. Just as an update, doser is still going strong. Haven't had to replace anything so far. Time does tend to shift by about an hour every month but that was expected.