Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-19-2021, 11:26 PM

Dash is on a distinguished road
Default Covid Year wrap up

So as we're (hopefully) at the tail end of Year of the Covid, I thought I'd do an update. It was not a great year, and it culminated with the loss of Dash, my 16 yr-old dachshund just a couple of weeks ago. Very humbling dealing with loss, algae, etc but things are looking better, and overall, the tank is not doing too bad. Added a couple of new frags last week and fingers crossed. Still a ways to go.

New lights! Reef Breeder Photons. Haven't cleaned up wires yet, but I like the lights so far.

I lost a few SPS including 3 large colonies, but others are ok. This Rainbow Loom needs to regain colour but I'm happy it hung around

Fish are happy. I am learning though, that as they are a fair bit larger and more established, they're not as nice to newcomers. I do need to add some fish though, as I think the bioload is low. Need more fish poop!

Canada Corals has brought in some of the nicest gorgs recently, and I was lucky to nab a few for the little softy tank. Here are a few favourites.

Canada Coral also had a spiral coral, which I had never seen before. It's a black coral so its skeleton is jet black, which you can see at the very bottom. So cool looking

Still really enjoy my little softy tank as it lets me see moments like this. Tiny urchin and tiny fish meet up

Wishing myself and everyone a better reefing year!

"My heart has joined The Thousand, for my friend stopped running today"
Good night Dash...miss you
Old 03-20-2021, 03:28 AM

H2o2 is on a distinguished road

Best friend loss is hard. Remember the things that made u smile and your water buddies love u2