Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 12-23-2009, 05:45 PM

NAS is on a distinguished road

LOL,

I did not actually think of that. The rep for the distrobution company is a friend. Im going to give him a call.

I have switched it to an E??bojager (sp) and also adjusted the placement in the tank. It was in the sump when it poped, now in the tank.

I dought they will pony up the grand worth of clams. It's worth a try though.

As far as the 225, Mark you will have to come over for a beer. Call me!

I remove the three bow fronts from the living room, Combined the two reef into the 225 it now sits where my corner reef was and along the wall. The TV is moved to where the fresh corner was. The fresh corner is now my clam tank. The wife's tank is no more. The freshies went into the other corner bow freshie tank in dining room. The nano was condensed into my clam tank. My old clam tank i traded (plus a few bucks) with dobber for his 225.

The Big Maxima is doing better now, I have the big crocea, a small crocea, Small Maxima, and the large Derasa. Im soothing the pain now that the tank has settled again. 5 clams on order from a trans shipper due today. My fingers are crossed.

My chrismas present to me...Hopefully im still married when the bill comes in. The wife does not know. LOL
Old 12-23-2009, 11:23 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Oh no, this is horrible news!!!

I have had the exact same thing happen to me twice, except in my case nothing in the tank survived the 98 degree water. When this happened to me one was a cheapie heater, I switched that out to an Ebojager thinking I could avoid the problem by using a better brand. The Ebo was the second heater to cook my tank. Since then I always keep two heaters in the sump that when added together provide the correct wattage needed. Example: 2x150w instead of 1x300w. This way if one of the heaters gets stuck on it doesn't have the power to cook the tank. Since changing to dual heaters, I have had one heater get stuck on, and it only managed to raise the system's temperature by 1.5 degrees. HTH.

SPS fanatic.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:25 AM

NAS is on a distinguished road

Well, the smoke has cleared for now. Or at least it appears to have. I just poped in two more maxima for a total of 5. My large maxima just spawned in my tank. O my god it's gross....

Let's just say my protien skimmer is working over time. There is lots of macro algae, so it should be interesteing to see if any of them take.

Now, the new tank design is ok. Im's thinking of doing a re-build on the rock structure. I have not decided.

Picture soon...