Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > BC Interiors

Old 05-13-2012, 02:15 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
shaw internet is not effected by your TV, but it is effected by everyone in your neighborhood that uses Shaw Internet. at 4pm when everyone gets home from work and jumps on their shaw internet you'll be lucky to get 3meg
I can tell you that just doesn't happen. once the levels drop below a level they add another node. (I have seen two nodes added to my niebourhood in the last two years because of all the people switching to shaw) in the begining days of shaw internet it used to happen. Telus has been using a problem they fixed almost 20 years ago as a bad thing to try make them look better than shaw.

not trying to turn this into a Pi$$ing match as I have no vested interest in either company and my beef with telus was from there residential home phone days when they screwed over 1000's of people. If telus was beter than shaw I would be the first to admidt it even though I will never go back to them, although I do have a telus cell only because I don't like rodgers coverage in BC and Shaw doesn't have cells.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:34 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

quote=Doug;716252] Looking at a nice larger mobile out in Campbell Creek. Not new like the one we own but sure purdy and some privacy out there. Lost of room for a nice tank in the one we were looking at.[/quote]

hmm out my way now eh. there is another brand new park out here only two units in it now, but you actualy own the land so no pad fees. it is accross from the flying J can't remember the name right now off hand though.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cav~firez22 View Post
Biggest thing to consider is how fast do you want your internet? Telus, with a MAX SPEED of 25 Mbps,
or Shaw, with an Average of 50Mbps?

do you like live TV? Shaw
or streaming internet TV ? Telus
Just regular ole tv I guess. Decent speed internet and a decent home phone plan. As mentioned, still with Rodgers for a couple yrs. on my iPhone.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Rest In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
quote=Doug;716252] Looking at a nice larger mobile out in Campbell Creek. Not new like the one we own but sure purdy and some privacy out there. Lost of room for a nice tank in the one we were looking at.
hmm out my way now eh. there is another brand new park out here only two units in it now, but you actualy own the land so no pad fees. it is accross from the flying J can't remember the name right now off hand though.

Steve[/quote]

Always did like it out that way when we were touring around. That new place is similar to ours here. Yes you own the land. I think its an Eagle homes project. Very nice but much more money up front.

Other place is across river on other side of Shuswap road, backing up to the hills.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:11 AM

ashr is on a distinguished road

I work for Shaw, Let me know if you have any questions. Just PM me

Ashr's Tank Journal
Old 05-18-2012, 06:09 AM

Dr_Hicks is on a distinguished road

Just moved home TV to Telus from Shaw because we were experiencing awful HD quality; WOW what a difference Telus makes when it comes to watching HDTV channels; and Telus paid us $200 to switch + PVR and two extra receivers.

Based on my first experience receiving TV from Telus I would hands down make the decision to deal with them again, smooth to setup appointment ( $100 ) to take an appointment during the week, other $100 to say fair-well Shaw, and it's actually $27 a month cheaper than Shaw and we get 103 HD channels now and not 14.... way better deal..

Your milage may vary as in all cases, however if anyone is thinking about switching because you're unhappy with current vendor; Telus had made me a believer.

** Make sure to ask them "What are you going to do for me if I leave Shaw" <--- my exact words.... BINGO $100 BUCKS..... then ask if there is another credit for taking an appointment during the week BINGO ANOTHER $100 BUCKS !

:-)

pps.... if you have home phone, internet and tv through Telus you will receive an extra $5 off each service a month.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:40 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

I just can't get over the contract. I don't want a 3 year contract where after I sign up my customer service dissappears. I want a month to month contract where they know, if they screw up, I might leave.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:43 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriak View Post
I just can't get over the contract. I don't want a 3 year contract where after I sign up my customer service dissappears. I want a month to month contract where they know, if they screw up, I might leave.
Contracts are 2 way. If they screw up its a breach of contract and you can get out of it.

Plus you can go month to month, you just won't get the bonus stuff like a free laptop
Old 05-18-2012, 06:41 PM

Nano is on a distinguished road

Telus doesnt by any chance have a plan that I could bundle both my cell phones, internet and then add cable on top of it do they? gotta get my "Swamp people" fix lol
Old 05-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Rest In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriak View Post
Agreed but I,m easily bribed.