Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-07-2010, 11:17 PM

Canuckgod420 is on a distinguished road

I have T5 over my tank and couldnt be happier. I run the Sunlight Supply-Sun Blaze 48" 8 bulb fixture( only running 7 bulbs due to overhang) and I am allmost all SPS. The only complaint I have about this fixture is the are no built in fans, so I built my own fan rack using computer fans and they are dead quite.

T5's all the WAY!!!
180G tank, custom DIY stand, Sunlight Supply-Sun Blaze 48" 8 bulb T5HO fixture, EuroReef CS6-1 and Vertex in 180 skimmers, 1/4 HP chiller, Tunze wavebox, 40G sump, and 40G refugium. http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57451
Old 05-07-2010, 11:28 PM

blacknife is on a distinguished road

the nova extreme pro's have either individual or one that is stamped into individual shapes, have not really looked but it is not one big parabolic. got a 6x39 used a month ago and i am happy with it so far. I think the aquamedic ones have some nice features too, not sure what the looks or cost of them is though.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:40 AM

mechano is on a distinguished road

thanks for the info, but I decided to take the plunge into the T5 world for real and purchased the TEK Elite 6x54w fixture.
We will see how things go in the months to come
Ryan
Old 05-15-2010, 10:46 PM

chris88 is on a distinguished road

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63770
Old 05-16-2010, 12:29 AM

burtonpj48 is on a distinguished road
Default lighting,

I have the same tank dimensions. I am using the nova extreme 6 bulbs, with KZ lights. Its been about a year and a half now. Its my first tank, so i cant offer any comparison. I have a toadstool and colt coral, also a bubble lps coral, a pulsing zenia, spaghetti leather and a clove polyp. All my corals doubled or trippled in size, within one year. I dont know if its solely due to the lighting. It could also be due to water quality althou when i test for phosphates, my reading is zero. I am happy with the fixture. To me, my corals are growing too fast. I would rather they grow less, so i can enjoy them more at their smaller size. My toadstool was 6 inches across when i purchased it, now its 14" The colt also was about 6-7 inches tall when i purchased it. now its 16" tall.