Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-06-2015, 07:26 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road
Default AliExpress

Just wondering what your experience is with AliExpress? Several months ago I tried my first ever order (not big money, just some after market camera batteries) through them with an order from China,... and it did not go well. They took my money immediately, but the order never got shipped. The seller even faked shipping by issuing a tracking number (I think he sent order info, but not the product), but the shipper (SingPost) would not show any info with that number. Finally after a few weeks I hit the Dispute button (my time was running out). It took a few more weeks, but I eventually got my money refunded on my credit card (most of it anyway, assume lost some due to exchange fees).

I have ordered many times through eBay and Amazon and have never had a problem. So is my experience with my 1st ever order through AliExpress unique or is this not uncommon? Oh, and the seller had a 99.7% positive rating, as did most of them. Needless to say, I am a little skeptical.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:33 PM

indreamx is on a distinguished road

In my experience dont buy anything that ask for wire transfer. I got scammed once. But had good outcome from most. U gotta see their rating just like ebay.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:27 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I've order some model kits through AliExpress and my wife has ordered a bunch of items through them as well. We've received everything fairly quickly without issue. I looked at one item that had much better than average pricing but it was a new company without ratings yet. I followed the item for a few weeks to see if anybody received the product and gave a rating but the company ended up disappearing from AliExpress. So I would make sure that there are reviews on the specific product you want from the seller and the company has been on AliExpress for awhile before ordering.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:12 PM

To add to my skepticism, I noticed that my negative review of the seller has never appeared, just lots of positive ones. And the item that I was trying to buy is no longer available. Seems that he never had the item and just faked the shipping hoping that my time to open a Dispute would run out and he would not have to refund the order.

So it is definitely buyer beware, and trust nothing with AliExpress, as far as I am concerned.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:12 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I just made my first order on AliExpress - just some Mach 3 razor cartridges. I ordered a couple weeks ago.

SPS fanatic.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:42 PM

freezetyle is on a distinguished road

i have ordered a bunch of stuff and haven't had a problem. Biggest thing to look for is positive reviews and units sold. As others have mentioned, if the product has stuck around for a while the seller is probably legit.

Be prepared to wait at least a month for what ever you are ordering though.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:12 PM

sewerman45 is on a distinguished road

I've ordered dozens of times as well and had nothing but success. Like freeze said, look for things that have been ordered a lot with good reviews.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Ive spent the last few months of my life ordering hundreads of items off there.... Lol Visa probably loves me..
Everything from HIDs to dash cams to boots for my dog to led collars and harnesses and light bars for a truck and omg...

When you dispute an item like you did and you won the seller would have been forced by ali express to remove the item. I disputed a ****ty camera and when the dispute finished the item was no longer available for purchase because the seller was at fault.

Some items are a win win. The led light bars, HiDs,
Other items are kind of junk. Most camera are listed as 1080p but thats literal so the pixels will never be bigger then 1080 high on that camera so youre not even getting 1mp. Defintely not HD.... But 15 bucks for a dash cam that prove that dick head cut me off id call a win.
You take your chances.
Ive learnt what items are worth buying from them and what ones arent.
Ive got smoked tail lights and some more leds for the car. Phone cases. Screen protectors. Itll all be great. Just takes awhile to show up. Sometimes they accidentally give you the wrong tracking number. Its a simple accident most of the time but if it doesnt show up then dispute it.
Buy at your own risk.
I will continue shopping on aliexpress.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:55 PM

Well, maybe I was just unlucky and picked the wrong vendor... But I did check out his reviews, and like I said, they were 99+% positive. And my bad review never did appear. So am still skeptical about how legit those reviews are. Even with a really, really good seller, I wouldn't expect 99.7% positive.

But thanks everyone for your feedback and experiences. Good to hear that most do not have a problem.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:20 PM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

They dont allow people to review items that dont show up. So they likely deleted it because it wasnt a true.review on item quality. Ive had that issue when i had an order where half the items werent there to be shipped so i couldnt review the ones that did show. It was a little strange.
I dont even look at who the vendor is or what their raiting it. Im cinvinced their all sitting in the same building anyway. I find the item i want then pick out key words so i can find more of the exact same item and find the cheapest seller possible. As long as im convinved its the same item ill order no mater what their rating is.

Some items are total junk. Others are amazing.
Im in love with my HIDs. My highbeams could light a forrest on fire.
I have 2 headlamps i had to order special batteries for seperate... Amazing and blindingly bright. Been sitting for a few months too and still have a full charge in thr batteries.
My 2 dollar led collars for my dog can be seen from forever away.
2 dollar led reverse lights can blind anyone walking behind my vehicle even during the day.
Ive had some stuff show up broken or items not show in some orders and had no issue getting a refund. Just takes a week or so to show on your card.
Id be more then happy to provide potos of some of my purchases off there. With links to the item on their site so you can see a comparison.
Im super excited for my new tail lights to show up.