Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Photography

Old 02-15-2009, 03:59 PM

andestang is on a distinguished road
Default A new camera from the kids!

My kids went out and bought me a new Canon G10 for our trip to Cozumel/Playa del Carmen in a few days and graduation . What a camera.I've been wanting a nice camera for awhile now. I guess they got tired of hearing about it. I came across the G9 while shooting some diving pics in Maui a little while ago and just loved it. I think its one of the better point and shot cameras before you go into a full SLR. This one comes with 14.7 MP and a whole bunch of other little goodies. Anyone have one or any thoughts on it ? Wish I could come up with a diving housing in time for our trip.

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:17 PM

Tom R is on a distinguished road

I have the G9 and it takes great pictures without the size and fooling around that DSLR require. I am not a very good photographer with little to no patients. This camera fits me and my abilities well. What I like most is that the live view adjusts as you make changes to the settings.

I know that you will enjoy the G10.

Tom R
Old 02-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Banned

Whatigot is on a distinguished road

sigh...
very saddening that your ability to reef can be grossly misrepresented by your ability behind the camera.