Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 12:09 AM
Vendor

Bayside Corals is on a distinguished road
Default Seller Beware, Canreef Member Leah.

Hello Everyone,

I just want to let everyone know that you should be very careful when dealing with the Canreef member Leah.

I have dealt with her a few times over the years with no issues. However a few months ago I sent her some seahorses. I asked her to pay for the order before I shipped it. She asked if she could pay for half the order up front and half when it arrived. I thought it was a fair deal assuming she wanted to make sure they arrived alive and in good condition. Plus we have dealt in the past with no issues so I trusted her.

She paid for a little over half of the order so I sent it via Fed Ex next day air. I got confirmation that the order arrived and it was signed for. I sent her a message asking how they arrived? No response. Over the course of a couple weeks I sent multiple emails and nothing. I have called her many times, and I have received the answering machine, I have had her pick up the phone and hang up on me but she will not talk to me.

It has now been a few months with zero contact from her end. So I just wanted to let everyone know that you should be very careful if you are going to deal with this person.

I have also been in contact with another Canreef member, and apparently she has done this before. I won't name this other member but if they choose to chime in they are more than welcome to.

So if anyone knows Leah personally you should tell her to pay her bills! Next course of action for me will be a collection agency. If she wants to ruin her credit rating that's up to her.

If the collection agency doesn't work, Leah just remember when you are having a bad day that KARMA is a B*tch and what comes around goes around!

Colby

Last edited by Aquattro; 06-07-2014 at 01:03 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:04 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Authorized post.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:42 AM

SCHMUSTIN is on a distinguished road

Thank you for this post. People should hold up to there end of the deal.

Sorry for your loss on this one hope you were not out to much!!

It's to bad that people have to kill it for everyone else.

And what is with this "unauthorized post" stuff? I think people should know who they are dealing with. We are a community here and unfortunately this suff happens but people should be aware of this.

IMHO!
Old 06-07-2014, 01:43 AM

SCHMUSTIN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Authorized post.
Sorry ha ha ha I thought it said "unauthorized post"... having a hard time reading apparently LOL!!
Old 06-07-2014, 01:46 AM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

double buckets for this one.....
Old 06-07-2014, 03:09 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMUSTIN View Post
Sorry ha ha ha I thought it said "unauthorized post"... having a hard time reading apparently LOL!!
Any post of this nature not approved by staff before hand is unauthorized and removed.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:52 AM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby Bay View Post
Hello Everyone,

So if anyone knows Leah personally you should tell her to pay her bills! Next course of action for me will be a collection agency. If she wants to ruin her credit rating that's up to her.

If the collection agency doesn't work, Leah just remember when you are having a bad day that KARMA is a B*tch and what comes around goes around!

Colby
I have several years working in collections.

This will never cause a credit issue. And it has zero possibility of hitting a credit bureau.

You would be hard pressed to find an agency who would even waste there time on this.

I don't know what she owes... But I assume a couple hundred max? It would cost an agency more than the small commission they would make on the file. Very small.

It's a very unfortunate situation. Thanks for pointing it out for everyone on here.

Hopefully she pays up.

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:06 AM

ReEf BoSs is on a distinguished road

Should just post her name and address up .... Im sure its not aloud but i would lol
Old 06-07-2014, 04:20 AM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

Leah, suck it up and pay your bills while you still gave a chance to save face before you lose all respect. No one likes a deadbeat and it's not a path you want to stay on.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:12 AM
Han Solo

Ram3500 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is very disappointing when members is such a small community fall into a cragslist mentality. We should all hold our selfs to a higher regard and follow through with what we agree to .