Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-04-2011, 12:08 PM

corpusse is on a distinguished road
Default suggestions for a theme for my 90 gallon

Sadly a couple weeks back my Octopus passed away. This means I have an empty 90 gallon (36x24x24). Prior to the Octopus I kept dwarf cuttlefish.

I could get another Octopus but I'm leaning away from another ceph for now. They are a lot of fun, but lifespan is so short plus it can be very difficult to obtain a young enough one that will live for a while.

I already have a mixed reef and a pico tank.

So I want this tank to be a theme, be it dominated by one particular species of coral or type, maybe non photosynthetic, maybe but unlikely sps dominated.

There is nothing in the tank but established live rock and an inch or 2 of sand. I currently do not have a lighting fixture for the tank and used 2 old pc fixtures to take this photo of the new aquascape, but there is a bk mini skimmer.

I'm just having a hard time deciding which direction to go. I'm all over the map thinking predator fish, or a lot of small fish, sps, nps, whatever.

If anyone has any tanks that might serve as inspiration please post.

comments on aquascape are also welcome I've already redone it twice, I guess I spend too much time trying to decide what to do.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:45 PM

Aquaria is on a distinguished road

Idk but what about a cold water pacific biotope there's some pretty cool pacific creatures out there
Old 05-04-2011, 04:36 PM

imcosmokramer is on a distinguished road
Default Go

quick comment on the aquascape. You have some really cool rocks, I would explore moving the shelf piece from the right island to "connect" the two islands. That way you'll greatly increase your real estate. The shelf, in it's current position, blocks the light from the rocks below it.

.....OR... just put some low-light (ex. sun corals) there. Just make sure you have access to them for feeding. gl
________
COLORADO DISPENSARIES

Last edited by imcosmokramer; 08-14-2011 at 08:06 AM.