Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 06-22-2012, 08:05 PM

Dlo132 is on a distinguished road
Default 90g CSI investiflgation (the dead angel)

So I bought a new tomini tang and a flame angel. Both seemed Fine for a few days- then the angel disappeared. After some peeking into rocks the current brought his half devoured corpse into view... Here are the usual suspects...

Water- 80 deg, 9 dkh, 8.4 ph, calc 450 1.0224 salinity, o ammonia/nitrate/nitrite

Thumper the One spot foxface rabbitfish- highly unlikely as he is too big for the suspects caves, and has an alibi (I was eating the nori off the rock with Tommy)
Tommy the Tomini Tang- seemed to not care about the little flamer, as he loses mental stability and licks the glass walls of hi home.

Spotty the Marine BettA- shifty with one eye always on what's happening- he owns the tank, but with his own condo on the left side of town, highly unlikely he drifted "over the tracks to anenome-ville"..

Papa, Mama, and Baby- the Molly crew- may have just cause due to the fact the victim ate their offspring, but they also eat their own babies, so highly unlikely.

Ned the Mandrin Dragonette. Also highly unlikely as he's Usually following Spotty around to eat his left overs.

Pepe' and the cat- the Skunk Clowns-- living in anemonie-ville, highly unlikely, but if he ventured over the tracks - may be possible...

Bubbles and Bilbo- the regular clowns- to busy drinking around in the powerheads and distracted by the labs walking past the front of the tank...

The clean up crew--- Jerry the fire shrimp, Archie and Agnes the coral banded shrimp, Gem the emerald crab, and Sally light foot pinchy face-- all too small to do any real damage, although I swore I heard them getting reamed out late last night for not "properly" disposing of the body...

Not sure if any of this was found entertaining, but inwas pretty sad to find a $60 corpse last night, so this is just a vent I hope u all found entertaining.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:23 PM

Cal_stir is on a distinguished road

What did the autopsy show? did the medical examiner shed any light on the cause of death?
Old 06-22-2012, 08:49 PM

Autopsy showed that shelled scavengers only enjoy 60% of
the fish...
Old 06-22-2012, 08:59 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

My moneys on the CB shrimp....they can be nasty...same with the Sally lightfoot Humm come to think of it
all crabs are evil
Old 06-22-2012, 09:00 PM

Sunee is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about the untimely demise, but entertaining!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
My moneys on the CB shrimp....they can be nasty...same with the Sally lightfoot Humm come to think of it
all crabs are evil
Based on size comparisons I think they are safe for now- I have been pulling the hermits from the tank and sending them to sumo scavenge- a little too much claw waving!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Good write up Sherlock but you missed the ninja, you know the one that only hides in the shadows and whacks passer by with lightning Kung Fu blows....

Yup Frankie G the ninja eucinid worm, never seen but leaves victims lifeless in dark caves.....

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 06-22-2012, 09:41 PM

Hmm- this was an Established system when I bought it... Tell me more of this tiger fisted predator.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

ROFLMAO!