Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 01-01-2016, 05:50 AM

maron6977 is on a distinguished road

Ya , don't know much about zeo . Looks like expensive & lots of little additives. Always seemed like a pain , but don't know much about it .
Maybe I'll check it out more.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by maron6977 View Post
Ya , don't know much about zeo . Looks like expensive & lots of little additives. Always seemed like a pain , but don't know much about it .
Maybe I'll check it out more.
Oh, it's expensive and a PIA, but I found, with my lazy streak, even not following directions well, it worked great. Maybe coincidence, and I just got lucky for a bunch of years, but hey, gonna try that again

I do find that if I have a schedule of adding something twice a week, I tend to pay more attention to the tank. So far, I could go weeks without even looking at the coral. Now that I'm working from home, I have more time to tinker with it, and it's paying off.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

As expected, the little cyano garden I've been culturing for a while is starting to take off. Guess I'll deal with that today. Guess I will hold off on water change until Wednesday (ish)

Finally got the frags off the side of my tank and mounted, and that's about all the room I have.

Living on an Island sucks some days, I have a large Tyree cap that will go in the garbage today, couldn't even give away more than a single frag. Nice 8" colony, nobody wants it here. Sad...

Still looking for that last fish to add, one that won't eat my corals. Again, island life, no fish to be bought here - lol
Old 01-04-2016, 03:26 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

What's the plan to deal with it, just run a treatment, or got something else in mind?
Old 01-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Just a guy..

Just run chemiclean, done in 2 days. Get it over with, get back on track.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:33 PM

Howie is on a distinguished road

Tank looks great, I like those dimensions! Lol that is really tobad you can't even give away a nice colony like that! Best of luck with the cyano

Howie's 82g Tank Journal
Old 01-11-2016, 02:23 AM
Just a guy..

Today was 50g water change to clear out the chemiclean, cyano gone. Added 2c of carbon and hope to get my skimmer back in the game.

Adam came by and pointed out that a really nice colony that's coloring up is a Tubb's Pink Jade. Cool. Starting to really pop. I believe that's thanks to Wayne, so hey, thanks Wayne!

No issues with my sudden conversion to Zeo from pellets, haven't tested yet, but will once the sump and tank mix thoroughly.

Seeing growth daily now, which is nice. Getting back on track. Finally...
Old 01-11-2016, 03:14 AM
Just a guy..

Mental note for self, record it here

Ca - 430ppm
Alk - 7.8 dKh
PO4 - 0.00ppm
NO3 - 20ish ppm

not bad.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:17 AM
Just a guy..

Ok, got some pics.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:29 AM
Just a guy..