Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Contest 2012

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 03:41 PM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

I had to regretfully bow out and I'm still kickin myself for doing so. It just didnt work out for me this time

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 01-09-2013, 04:19 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Shouldn't we just use the rules to determine who's in or not. Thought that was the idea, if you missed deadlines you're not in the contest otherwise what are the rules for?
I somewhat agree with Steve, I can forgive missing a deadline by a day or 2 because we all live busy lives but to miss by months

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 01-09-2013, 04:45 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Shouldn't we just use the rules to determine who's in or not. Thought that was the idea, if you missed deadlines you're not in the contest otherwise what are the rules for?

yup....judges dont care about list of people who are in or not the judges are going by the timeline/rules and the timeline/rules only, they will read through the journals and if theres no journal then its an easy call for them if theres something there then they will judged how they see fit.

if people(like myself) drop out then thats too bad for them and a better chance for those who are still in.

fact is the judges are the only ones making this call and they decide who the winner is based on how they interpret the rules.

i am still thee only person who knows the judges and so far they have done a stand up job on not revealing themselves

with that said...good luck to those who are left , someones walking away with some nice prizes:P
Old 01-09-2013, 04:52 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
I somewhat agree with Steve, I can forgive missing a deadline by a day or 2 because we all live busy lives but to miss by months
To me a deadline is a deadline, only way to be fair to everyone is to honor that, if you start bending the rules saying that one or two days is OK then one could argue that a week is also OK or even a month. It wasn't strict to the point of that it had to be posted a certain day, you had up to that date to post the requirements so even the most busy people should of been able to find time prior to the date to gets things up. Others dropped out for this reason, couldn't get things up in time, not really really fair to them saying now you can miss deadlines. Doesn't mean you can't continue your build and participate but at the end of the day you're not eligible for prizes. That's my thoughts anyway, it's why I didn't enter, seen all this coming and I'm just too competitive.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Exactly my thought!

Anyone wanna buy my whole nano setup? I should just sell the thing.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:23 PM

Leach29 is on a distinguished road
Default Rules

So the people that still would like to keep going buy have not made every deadline, are they ok to continue with there journal? Or are they DQ ?

I would like to know how many people still left have made the dates exactly not missing by one day or two days but exactly? I did not make the dates.

I would still like the opportunity to keep going and should be up to the people sponsoring this to decide whether or not they are to be DQ or to keep going. At the end of the day if you are a judge and want to deduct points for missing deadlines fine, but won't be much of a contest if there are a handful of people left that have made the deadlines, and the rest of us are DQ.

Either way I would love to know if I am going to continue or pack it in.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:41 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Well there is 20 points for participation and record keeping so I guess maybe judges will just deduct from that depending on how many deadlines were missed. I don't really know.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:29 PM
R.I.P.

there are no disqualifications , there are points per category , the judges will award what they see fit per category.

maybe someone missed a deadline so may get only so many points but the judges may award that person points in another category.

guys and gals continue on with your journals , the judges are the only people who have a say for points.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:38 PM
R.I.P.

note to contestants

this is a contest for prizes, its a competetion . those who do not finish will not win its that simple , those who participate will recieve points. how many points one recieves depends on how the judges see your journals compared to the rules and timeline.

i urge contestants to worry only about their own journals and no one elses , since this is a contest no body should be worried about what others are doing.

in an effort to not create confusion i am locking this thread, thers not a whole lot of time left guys so those who are still in and want to win the prizes , please attend to your own journals and let the judges do their job.

good luck guys and gals!!

cheers

denny