Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Vendor

Red Coral Aquariums is on a distinguished road
Default Thank You Vancouver Island

My wife Rhonda and I had the pleasure of spending the weekend in U*Clue*Let at a beautiful Bed and Breakfast. Saturday and Monday it rained but that just made the views more majestic. Sunday the weather was sunny and warm and hiking we did. The trails were very well maintained with views to keep the camera clicking. The Restaurants yummmm (when in Rome) I think I had Salmon and Halibut every day. I will try to get some pictures up in the next few days but We Will be Back.

Kevin and Rhonda
Old 10-12-2010, 11:13 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Coral Aquariums View Post
My wife Rhonda and I had the pleasure of spending the weekend in U*Clue*Let at a beautiful Bed and Breakfast. Saturday and Monday it rained but that just made the views more majestic. Sunday the weather was sunny and warm and hiking we did. The trails were very well maintained with views to keep the camera clicking. The Restaurants yummmm (when in Rome) I think I had Salmon and Halibut every day. I will try to get some pictures up in the next few days but We Will be Back.

Kevin and Rhonda

Hey Kevin. Glad you had a nice time.
Does your wife happen to work for West Jet? While we were in Calgary a woman at the airport saw we were flying to Comox and was asking us about Ucluelet. She was going to meet her husband there. If not, sure coincidental as Ucluelet is a very small town.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:00 AM

Parker is on a distinguished road

My wife and I were just there at the end of September. We stayed at the Blackrock. Very nice up in that area..
Old 10-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Hey Kevin. Glad you had a nice time.
Does your wife happen to work for West Jet? While we were in Calgary a woman at the airport saw we were flying to Comox and was asking us about Ucluelet. She was going to meet her husband there. If not, sure coincidental as Ucluelet is a very small town.
No she doesn't work at west jet (darn) and we flew up together. On a side note Wow the deer are small and wow the eagles are big. Not sure I will get a great sleep tonight without a foghorn going off every 11 seconds. And yes we had a great time with a much needed rest.
Kevin
Old 10-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
My wife and I were just there at the end of September. We stayed at the Blackrock. Very nice up in that area..
Blackrock looks nice we had supper there at Fletch one might. Amazing.
Kevin
Old 10-13-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Coral Aquariums View Post
Wow the deer are small

Welcome to Blacktail country. They make Mulies look like elk don't they? You should see the Texada Island deer. They're much smaller again. They look like a rabbit with horns.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:50 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I love it out there.

Two of my favourite names for places come from off the Island: Dang Ho Chinese Restaurant in Parksville ... and Big Woody Campground near Ucluelet. I was all disappointed they didn't have the slogan "Come pitch a tent at Big Woody Campground!"
Old 10-13-2010, 01:00 AM

Parker is on a distinguished road

The Blackrock is nice, but, there's always a but. They have a long way to go before they become what they are trying to sell. They sell them selves as high end resortish but their staff makes it seem more like Super 8.

It wasn't any one thing that bothered us just a bunch of little things. We went to check in at 3:40 pm and they made us wait until 4:00pm to check into an empty hotel. Which is fine but they didn't even direct us to the lounge or restaurant, or offer to come get us when our room was ready. Just said come back later. They lost our dinner reservation. My wife split some bottled water on the kitchen floor and when she wiped it up the paper towel came up BLACK. I dropped the remote behind the bath tub and when I looked behind it to get the remote is was filthy back there, a deflated balloon, a child must have been playing in the tub as there were a ton of cheerios behind there. I had to interrupt the frat boy conversation at the lounge more then once trying to get our bill so we could head back to the room. We booked what was called the romance package ( it was our anniversary ) that came with a few extra perks, champagne, chocolate fondue etc. They didn't bother to explain any of it to us, I had to hunt down someone to give us the when and where type thing.

Overall it's a nice place, beautiful views, good food. They just need a bit of customer service improvement.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Vendor

Parker it is funny you say that about the lost reservation as we called one in and they didn't have one for us when we got there but they did have an open table so it was not an issue. A friend of my wife's parents own a B&B in Ucluelet and it was beyond our expectations. If interested shoot me a pm for their website.
Kevin
Old 10-13-2010, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
"Come pitch a tent at Big Woody Campground!"