Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 12-10-2010, 01:01 AM

purelife is on a distinguished road

Think i got it figured out now!
my biggest issue was i had the time set to 8 Am.. I was trying to figure out why the hell the unit was doing a sunrise at 7pm at night..
Old 12-11-2010, 12:16 AM

Can anyone help me with setting a lunar cycle.
I got it all setup but when i go to set the number of days till full moon it does something weird and disconnects from the unit when i put the number of days in and click ok.

So i found an error in the actual light!
They put the wrong color leds in my 2 pads close to the side where the power cord comes out.

I was showing the gf all the cool things the light can do when she asked me why 2 pads had different leds, at first we thought it was our eyes playing tricks on us but it is actually is wrong.
Where it should be blue i have royal blue leds in its place, so essentially that pad has all Royal blue.

Last edited by purelife; 12-11-2010 at 12:32 AM. Reason: update the post
Old 12-11-2010, 07:08 PM

TheDogFather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by purelife View Post
Can anyone help me with setting a lunar cycle.
I got it all setup but when i go to set the number of days till full moon it does something weird and disconnects from the unit when i put the number of days in and click ok.

So i found an error in the actual light!
They put the wrong color leds in my 2 pads close to the side where the power cord comes out.

I was showing the gf all the cool things the light can do when she asked me why 2 pads had different leds, at first we thought it was our eyes playing tricks on us but it is actually is wrong.
Where it should be blue i have royal blue leds in its place, so essentially that pad has all Royal blue.
There is nothing strange going on, when you enter a value for the number of days until the next full moon and click Ok it sends the new value to the fixture immediately and the fixture then restarts using the new value.

About the color problem, did you isolate the pod by selecting it in the Special Setting option using the enable buttons and then adjusting the colors using the compose color feature in the Day menu under actions? This will allow you to tun off all the other pods and just tweak the colors of the pod in question to confirm your suspicion that one of your pods only has RB LED's and not both RB and B...

Cheers!

-TDF
Old 12-11-2010, 07:15 PM

Twinn is on a distinguished road

Anyone remember the days when lights just had an on and off switch.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDogFather View Post
About the color problem, did you isolate the pod by selecting it in the Special Setting option using the enable buttons and then adjusting the colors using the compose color feature in the Day menu under actions? This will allow you to tun off all the other pods and just tweak the colors of the pod in question to confirm your suspicion that one of your pods only has RB LED's and not both RB and B...

Cheers!

-TDF
Yup i did that i also could just see it when i only select blue across all pods you can clearly see the difference between the remaining pods then turn on royal blue you can see that the leds in question match that color., I sent an email to Vertex and they asked for pictures which i responded with just waiting for them to reply back with what they think. Oh well i still love the unit just a small hiccup
Old 12-15-2010, 01:27 AM

Can someone else test this to make sure I'm not crazy?
First if your unit is hung like mine what you will see standing in front of the unit the power cord is to your right hand and the display is to your left.

Select light composer(on the physical light) and turn down all 3 colors to 0%
Next turn Blue on to 1% take note of where the LEDS are
Next turn on Royal Blue to 1% take note of where the LEDS are

Now if you have VLink go to compose color and do the same
Turn blue on to 1% take note
Turn Royal on to 1% take note

What i found is that when i turn Royal on 1% on the software its actually turning on the Blue lights. The blue LEDS should be on the back of the pods if you are facing it and it is hung like mine.

I wonder if its a bug in the software or just my unit
Old 12-19-2010, 03:27 PM

So there was a software bug i updated the firmware and that solved the reverse sliders.

But i still have the wrong LEDs which Vertex said they would fix for me i am just waiting to hear back from them. They have been super helpful during the whole time going back and forth in emails.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:19 PM

Vertex and Proline sorted me out on the LEDs quick to resolve :-)
Old 12-31-2010, 12:48 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP8u2Zbs-LM

Quick video i put together for my light still messing around with it all!
Old 01-01-2011, 05:42 PM

notclear is on a distinguished road

Finally I also have some time to prepare one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a2BIg5bdnA

For those who just got the fixture and are wondering how to program the fixture using the V-link software, be sure to check this out first, it will save you some time
160G (72"x22"x23.5") Mixed Reef, 30G Sump/Refugium, Vertex Illumina SR1800 LED Fixture, Reefbrite 60" & 72" actinic, Nanobox Tide and Reefbrite LED for frag sump, Vertex Alpha Cone 200 Skimmer with cleaner, ATB Flowstar 1500 Return Pump on 2 x APC Smart-UPS 1500, ATB Flowstar 4200 with OM4 Closed Loop, 2 Phosban Reactors for Carbon and GFO, Profilux SA3 Doser, Tunze Nano Wavebox, Tunze 6085, Jebao RW15, Rena LG100 Auto Feeder, Profilux Breeze 4 fans, Apex Controller, and Vertex RO/DI.