Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 08-14-2014, 01:43 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
Grey Monk Winery? Was there last week..
You got it. It's sort of in my 'back yard', not that far & a great ride on the back twisty road between Predator Ridge & Okanagan Centre. George Heiss, one of the sons & head wine maker is our soccer goalkeeper with the Winfield team...Okanagan old timer's league.

Few more shots... hope you bought a case or two of some of the Okanagan's finest. El Nihilo (spelling?) & Arrowleaf wineries are close by & also make first class wines. Actually, these days most any wine produced in the Okanagan is world class. Wasn't always the case, but Grey Monk is one of the oldest family owned operations & they kind of led the way out of the 'Baby Duck' & 'Lonesome Charlie' days! And now we have an award winning distiller in Vernon, Okanagan Spirits. If you're ever out this way again, worth checking out. Bring plenty of cash though...

Moving to the Okanagan almost 10 years ago was a pretty good choice in my books. Before that I was a 'cubicle' person, like poor old 'tlhood' a few posts up^

Ok, gotta go now & enjoy a sip of chilled Riesling on what remains of a hot afternoon....er, evening...

Last edited by mike31154; 08-14-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:29 AM
Han Solo

Ram3500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
This summer has been a busy one.

Married my best friend of almost 10 years in July. Had 2 weeks off, but not at all relaxing...

This was poor Tim.....we had a camping/outdoor wedding, complete with a pig roast and a bon fire later in the evening.

I was off the first week of August as well, but that was a girls camping trip, husbands and kids only allowed on the weekends...lol. Was a great week off. Honeymooning in February in Phoenix/Mexico.
Congratulations on the big day !! That pig roast looks fantastic
Old 08-15-2014, 03:23 AM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

I'm jealous of all of you. And giving you all kudos as well!
No pics of what I'm doing, recuperating from a total knee replacement.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:40 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIVLEM09 View Post
It's day two in Hawaii.just went to Waikiki beach yesterday,what do you guys recommend to visit in Honolulu?today's plan is to go whale watching and snorkelling.thanks
Waikiki Aquarium and Zoo are close to the beach, Diamondhead Crater, Polynesian Cultural Center are all good. We took a full day bus tour of the island which had lots of interesting stops and the tour guides are usually native Hawaiians so they give you a lot of great info. Pearl Harbor is must see also. Go to a luau one night as well. Oh, and see if you can find an ABC store!
Old 08-15-2014, 04:18 AM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

ABC lol
If you like snorkeling, go to hanauma bay.
http://www.hanauma-bay-hawaii.com/

You can take a bus (cheap). Go early in the morning and ask the driver when the last bus leaves. (important). Its very busy there, the snorkeling is better earlier than later.
As well, on the way back, ask the bus driver to let you know where the costco is, if you have a card. Cheap booze. Cheaper than duty free. Or ABC lol a close second.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:38 AM

dave_C is on a distinguished road

this pic is funny to me, it also seems like the pig is crying
Old 08-15-2014, 05:45 AM
Han Solo

Ram3500 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIVLEM09 View Post
Will upload pics soon.i went to the Waikiki aquarium today and was really impressed with their outdoor display that is lit by the was,as well as the clam farm.the colours of the sps and clams are very beautiful under natural light.
I am a little concerned as Its shark week and I was just watching Sharkageddon about the increase of shark attacks in Hawaii. it's been a few days since you have been online I'm worried that a tiger shark has gotten you. Please post some awesome pictures of your trip soon but if I tiger got you thanks once more for donating the forest fire digi
Old 08-15-2014, 05:54 AM

NIVLEM09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram3500 View Post
I am a little concerned as Its shark week and I was just watching Sharkageddon about the increase of shark attacks in Hawaii. it's been a few days since you have been online I'm worried that a tiger shark has gotten you. Please post some awesome pictures of your trip soon but if I tiger got you thanks once more for donating the forest fire digi
We were at turtle bay today and saw a big black ninja bully a.k.a tiger shark.that trip was cut short cuz of that.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
Waikiki Aquarium and Zoo are close to the beach, Diamondhead Crater, Polynesian Cultural Center are all good. We took a full day bus tour of the island which had lots of interesting stops and the tour guides are usually native Hawaiians so they give you a lot of great info. Pearl Harbor is must see also. Go to a luau one night as well. Oh, and see if you can find an ABC store!
Thanks for the suggestion.we have been to all of those places and tomorrow it's pearl harbour and luau after that.ABC stores are everywhere here in Waikiki....lol
Old 08-15-2014, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram3500 View Post
You're welcome,Ian.i will post pics as soon as I can,not sure how to upload so many pics at the same time.