Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 10-25-2009, 04:01 PM

freddy is on a distinguished road
Default T5 combo

Just switched over to T5's a while ago.36 inch 4x39watt.My tank consists of soft corals and a huge squamosa clam.Bulbs are 2 marine glow,1 10000k and a powerglow,just wondering if anyone has a better combination they would like to suggest,thanks.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:48 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

i use two 2x54W on one tank and two 2x 24w on another and have played around pretty good and have found that 1 fiji purpe one blue and 2 daytime (10k or what ever your choice is) work great. in my 45g thread i have 1 pic with that combo and 5 with 2 blue and 2 daytime for comparison.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:50 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy View Post
Just switched over to T5's a while ago.36 inch 4x39watt.My tank consists of soft corals and a huge squamosa clam.Bulbs are 2 marine glow,1 10000k and a powerglow,just wondering if anyone has a better combination they would like to suggest,thanks.
now that i think of it i have used the glo bulbs before and in your case i might just switch out one marineglo for a fiji purple. the marine glow is blue right? or is it the power glow i cant remember?
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:42 PM

aquajeep is on a distinguished road

marine glo is blue.seen pics with fiji purples,they always look nice.hear nothing but good about them.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:37 PM

freddy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the input,the marine glows are blue,I will definetly get a figi purple,what is the difference in colour between 10000k,14000k ect....
Old 10-26-2009, 06:18 AM

aquajeep is on a distinguished road

6500k is closer to red spectrum full spectrum and the higher u get up to 20000k is more in the blue spectrum.i run 12000k compacts and 14000k metal halide and some actinic(blue) compacts as well. i will be switching over to t5 in the near future but plan to keep the halides mainly for the shimmer effect they give.compacts kinda suk but do the job for now lol.