Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 04-25-2013, 04:39 AM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Well, not sure this is a nice camera but it's been a great point and shoot up til now.

Sadly, you can't really see my coral in this picture. Will have to see what I can do again this weekend.

Also, got someone exciting to add to the tank tonight. It was a deal that I could not pass up and assuming my yellow tang doesn't beat him to death...He's tough to get a picture of.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:13 AM

Ginu is on a distinguished road

Love the Kole tang and hopefully the YT doesn't beat him to death. I have one in my 75g and contemplating if I should try a small YT, such awesome show fish due to its color.

The display looks amazing, great job so far, and how is the fish/desk room looking like nowadays?
Old 04-25-2013, 02:37 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Cute little sohal you've got there!

Your tank looks so clear and sharp. Are you running/dosing anything other then the bio capsules you mentioned before?
Old 04-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
Cute little sohal you've got there!

Your tank looks so clear and sharp. Are you running/dosing anything other then the bio capsules you mentioned before?
Thanks.

I only run prodibio...plus a little carbon. I have always thought it could look sharper...haha.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Gold Member

I broke my cardinal rule and put the Sohal in directly. I was not planning on buying any new fish and so my QT was not up to snuff ready. He had been in the store for several months (at $250) and was terrorizing everyone else in the tank. The store put him in a 15g partition. He is fat, eats well and has no spots or anything. The owner just needed to be able to use that tank for more so he offered to sell him to me for $99 "take it or leave it" and that was a deal I couldn't pass up.
Sadly, this morning my clown is covered in ICK...my wrasse has one or two spots as well.
My Yellow Tang is still beating the crap out of the Sohal and I'm not sure how to stop it either.

Ah...the pleasant joys of keeping saltwater.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:46 PM

The Codfather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
He is fat, eats well and has no spots or anything.My Yellow Tang is still beating the crap out of the Sohal and I'm not sure how to stop it either.
Im sure it wont be long before the tide turns, Ive never had a sohal that wasnt king of the tank after a month or two. The one I have now is the smallest in the bunch, but wow, does he have attitude. Give him a couple days, im sure he'll be holding his own, and he'll set that yellow straight.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:56 PM

H2o2 is on a distinguished road

Maybe try the mirror on the outside of the tank and maybe just the stress of the new fish brought it on but tank is looking great
Old 04-25-2013, 06:07 PM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Codfather View Post
Im sure it wont be long before the tide turns, Ive never had a sohal that wasnt king of the tank after a month or two. The one I have now is the smallest in the bunch, but wow, does he have attitude. Give him a couple days, im sure he'll be holding his own, and he'll set that yellow straight.
Yes the yellow better enjoy it while he can because it will turn the other way. The mirror sometimes is effective and will usually distract things a little. You could also put a egg crate panel to seperate for awhile, won't look nice but would maybe help break things in. Things are looking really good since the last time I seen your build !

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Gold Member

Thanks everyone. I will see about doing something with a mirror. I'll let you know how the ick turns out too.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:42 AM
Gold Member

Sadly, after moving it to quarantine, my black and white clown died this afternoon. Now I see that my flame angel has quite a few spots on it and it has stopped responding to food...its just hiding among the rocks. Not a good sign so hopefully I can get it out of there with some enticing food tomorrow.