Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #2

Old 06-16-2009, 03:04 AM

AndyL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AndyL
Default Surge - Take 2 :)

08/17 FTS:

07/26 FTS:

06/23 FTS:

Ok, Before I cheese off the goddess running this contest Let's get this thread started

Custom tank - unlimited budget

Here's the tank design:

It's been built and ready to go for a while...

Sorry - it's still in the basement storage room... The fiance thinks I should be concentrating on the wedding details (eek less than a month!) at the moment! Christie said no water until the 15th - so haven't been playing with the CSD while waiting for this day to come, Thus I need to get off my tookus get the daily stall eliminated...

Basically will be going ahead with the planned tank from the previous contest - with some changes; where it wasn't allowed

Tank will be connected to a Carlson surge (~3g capacity) using a 5g sump.

Lighting - will be a work in progress Likely going to be using about 15w of LED lighting - no budget so why the heck not go for broke?
By reading, replying to, commenting about, or in any way accessing the material in this post; including but not limited to storing in a database, retrieving from a database, viewing in a web browser, including it in or making a reference to it in a legal document, or accidentally glancing at it you agree to send me $100.

Last edited by AndyL; 08-18-2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:14 AM

golf nut is on a distinguished road

Screw the wedding, you can get married anytime, tank contests don't come along that often.

Are they 3/4 holes or holes for 3/4 bulkheads?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:57 PM

Actually they got drilled for 1" bulkheads - one of these days I'll stop going 100% overkill on everything
By reading, replying to, commenting about, or in any way accessing the material in this post; including but not limited to storing in a database, retrieving from a database, viewing in a web browser, including it in or making a reference to it in a legal document, or accidentally glancing at it you agree to send me $100.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Hey Andy,

You might as well put water in it, I think Randi already jumped the gun anyways, I was just reading her thread and it sounds like her tank is already cycling through a diatom bloom.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:19 PM

Maybe on the weekend, gotta dig it out, clean it up... Make it pretty find some sand... mix some water... Yeesh, what did I get myself into? This sounds like work!
Old 06-16-2009, 03:24 PM

Snaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
no budget so why the heck not go for broke?
If you were not already engaged I'd ask you to marry me. Congrats.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:54 PM

BlueAbyss is on a distinguished road

I won't lie, I had water in by the 5th ... I totally forgot about the no water rule, and I bought the stuff and had no where to put the rock.

I will hold off with the livestock for an extra 2 weeks to even things out. I was planning this anyhow, but this way I have a reason
Old 06-16-2009, 07:37 PM

LOL - actually no budget allows me to do things in stages... Plan is actually to get the arduino reef controller onto this tank (that'd really blow a budget) - if I had to account for everything It'd be a very messy tally sheet...
Old 06-17-2009, 12:34 AM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Hey Andy,

You might as well put water in it, I think Randi already jumped the gun anyways, I was just reading her thread and it sounds like her tank is already cycling through a diatom bloom.

no water till June 1st...so I waited till June 1st! No gun jumping! I had everything in the sump of the 90 anyways.... :P
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:04 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Its my own fault, I thought it would go the way of the last contest. You know where everyone started their threads with a pic of their empty tank with something in it (like a beer can or a cat) and then progress from there.

My own fault for not stating it.

Let the games begin!

Sorry for the hijack Andy

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.