Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-24-2016, 03:39 AM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

Thanks coming along good almost ready for more frags
Old 09-26-2016, 06:05 PM

Update time .. well I got my new lights all installed some hitches with the new app that controls them but I'm really liking them my coral colours have never looked better mostly cause the old lights were starting to get some burnt out leds and the speed wasn't as good as these .

Working on the final touches of my water change system super hyped about that will make WC a breeze and ill do them more often this summer was bad at one point didn't do one for 2 months ... Few of my sps still recovering from our trip last November others have never looked better , Im thinking of doing a big aquascape change on the right side of my tank not sure yet

And I broke down an bought a Apex to replace my Reef keeper got it all programmed up but I'm going to wait to mount it and put it in till we come back from holidays ( heading to Nicaragua for 24 days woo)

Heres the awaited photo dump

Cant forget the clowns still spawning every month

Old 12-02-2016, 07:44 PM

Hey guys got back form holidays ( tank never does good for 28 days away but anyway) I'm thinking of redoing my aquascape on the entire right side while i was away i got a mushroom invasion and its taking over some of my sps and some of my other sps is really shading my sand,

soo Question

If i took the rock out and scraped ( wire brush) the red mushrooms off would that be enough? or should i swap it for rock thats in my sump?

If i add more dead live rock for the new aquascape on the right side should i cook it and acid wash it and stuff or cause i have established tank i should be ok? ( dont want to get algae problems cause my tank is pretty good atm)

Anyone ever torn down one side of their tank and rebuilt it? have any ideas/tips
Old 12-03-2016, 05:52 PM

Did a pre aquascape 45% WC gonna do the scape this week if i can
Old 05-25-2017, 06:20 PM

Hey guys we are moving to a new house and renting out our old house here come July so planning the big move / new tank wondering some advice on getting a new tank or just moving this one , how much of a hassle and stress is the corals and everything if I move the tank or is it worth buying a new tank and getting it up and running before I move everything and sell the one I have

Also how much ball park would a new tank 120-125g be from concepts so I could start saving 1500? 2000$ 1000$
Old 06-19-2017, 11:20 PM

Hey guys looking from some advise from the "vets" that have moved a reef

In a month going to be moving the 125 into a new house originally I was going to buy a new tank and do it that way but after measuring and everything I was basically gonna buy the same sized tank so figured i would make this one work and put the money i allotted into new equipment

We are renting out this house we are in so no real rush but I'm still stressing lol
Im gonna get an intern 75 to house everything

SO? What worked well ? What didn't ? Im currently cooking about 100 pounds of dead rock after acid/bleach washing I don't want bring over any of the red mushrooms that grew insanely

Any help or advise would be awesome , did you have the fish and coral all in one tank?

Edit Heres a recent pic too what goods a post without a pic right?

Last edited by Craigdillman; 06-19-2017 at 11:34 PM.