Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 01-29-2016, 04:01 PM

Beanz is on a distinguished road

I do have a question about cycling. I've got a shrimp from the grocery store in the tank and it's been in there for about a week. Is there a point where I should remove it? What I've been reading people say just leave it in there but that was for larger tanks. Just wondering if with my small volume, ~35 gallons of water, if I should leave it in there for the whole cycle? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-04-2016, 04:23 AM

Made some more progress tonight on the tank. Managed to make a nice little screen too for the tank in preparation for adding fish.

Last edited by WarDog; 02-04-2016 at 04:33 AM.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:40 PM

Default Update

Well the tank is now fully stocked with fish and inverts. I've battled aptasia and won with one mean little peppermint shrimp so that's a bonus!

Now I'm dealing with elevated phosphate levels right now so there is some algae. I'm running the vertex puratech ro/di system that has a tds meter built in. This meter is not accurate, I found this out when I tested for phosphates on my fresh salt water I was changing Into the tan and they read somewhere from .05-.15. So I deceided to go to the store and pick up a tds meter and some new filter carriages. Got home and used my fancy new tds meter and got 18ppm while the meter on the unit said 00. Anyhow I got the filers all changed out, dumped my brute full of the garbage water. Now testing at 0ppm with the tds meter. Anyhow got that all sorted and now the task of ridding my tank of algae begins. I'm running phosphate remover and carbon in my reactor and doing frequent water changes. Anyways heres some pics!

FTS

Beautiful little hammer from a forum member

My newest addition and also my favorite piece a little rainbow bubble tip anemone
Old 08-01-2016, 09:47 PM

Watermelon zoa I think

Armor of God I'm pretty sure

Acan, not sure what kind it is. Maybe someone could ID this guy mint color with lime green mouths with orange in some spots