Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 10-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

oh kien omg teehee
Old 10-09-2013, 04:07 AM

SanguinesDream is on a distinguished road

After randomly searching through the 150+ pages of this thread for a FTS, I vaguely remember searching for one a month ago to no avail.

On the excellent chance that I am wrong, I extend my sincerest apologies for my laziness and poor form. On the slim to none chance that I did not see a FTS, would you be ever so gracious to provide some pictures of your reef aquarium now?
Old 10-09-2013, 01:38 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanguinesDream View Post
After randomly searching through the 150+ pages of this thread for a FTS, I vaguely remember searching for one a month ago to no avail.

On the excellent chance that I am wrong, I extend my sincerest apologies for my laziness and poor form. On the slim to none chance that I did not see a FTS, would you be ever so gracious to provide some pictures of your reef aquarium now?
Take a look at pg 140
Old 10-09-2013, 01:51 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanguinesDream View Post

You don't/didn't need to search all 150+ pages, just the pages labelled in green on the first page Table of Contents. :-).

I will see about getting an updated FTS. The thing about FTS' on my tank is that they are actually quite hard to do without looking weird because of the light and stuff showing through from the other side. This challenge is more prevalent during the summer months when the sun is still up until lights out at 8pm. In the fall and winter it's a lot easier because it's dark out in the early evening so I can render the other side of the tank completely dark. Draping a curtain over the other side helped but still looked weird cuz it's hard get the curtain perfectly smooth. First world reefing problems :-)
Old 10-09-2013, 02:55 PM

thmh is on a distinguished road

Can't you just use your navy bed sheets to cover one side of your tank again! No no we won't go? I don't wanna know your name all I want is to bang bang bang out a full tank shot! :-)

~Tony
Old 10-09-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmh View Post
Can't you just use your navy bed sheets to cover one side of your tank again! No no we won't go? I don't wanna know your name all I want is to bang bang bang out a full tank shot! :-)

~Tony
Ya, I thought about doing that again but since it's fall now it's getting dark well before the lights go out so I should be able to get a decent FTS soon. I didn't really like the sheets approach because it was hard to get the sheet perfectly smooth. You could see the wrinkles
Old 10-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Ya, I thought about doing that again but since it's fall now it's getting dark well before the lights go out so I should be able to get a decent FTS soon. I didn't really like the sheets approach because it was hard to get the sheet perfectly smooth. You could see the wrinkles
Not every shot needs to be a winner. Nor every race your fastest, young padawan. A simple disclaimer along with your FTS should suffice?
Old 10-09-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Not every shot needs to be a winner. Nor every race your fastest, young padawan. A simple disclaimer along with your FTS should suffice?
You're absolutely right, it doesn't have to be a winner. Just wrinkle and orchid free would be nice. I am not growing orchids in my tank, although sometimes it may look like it.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Nor every race your fastest
And for the record, I don't race.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:36 PM

thmh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You can't say that to an Asian! It's always

~Tony