Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Red Coral Aquarium

Old 03-17-2010, 06:08 AM

viperfish is on a distinguished road
Default My First Impression of Red Coral

So I'm on a business trip to Edmonton a while back, and decided to make my return trip to Medicine Hat a "Fish Store Tour" hitting as many as I could on my round trip. My last stop was Red Coral, up to that point I had been to four other stores and barely bought anything because nothing had caught my eye or the price was too steep. Anyway, I walk into the store and hit it off with Kevin immediately, he's just one of those guys that after five minutes of talking you feel like you've known him for years. The selection of corals was out of this world, and while not a huge amount of dry goods, he had everything that counts. I picked up some livestock (a really cool Carpet Nem among others), and some supplies. I've been hesitating on the Zeo for months now being a skeptic to avoid buying the expensive supplements but he sold me on it and got me all set up. In the meantime my wife thinks I must be broke down on the road somewhere because I should have been home long ago, and here I am shooting the breeze with Kevin! I left the store with everything all secured and insulated for the trip... broke... and feeling great... WHAT A HOBBY!

Kevin, keep up the excellent work and keep your personal touch in the store, its priceless! You know I'll be coming for a visit next time I am in the city.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:23 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I agree, neat little store.

Now you just gotta post a picture of that carpet!
Old 03-17-2010, 06:31 AM

Clay&Chey is on a distinguished road

Cheyanne and myself have to agree. Keep up the good job Kevin you make spending money a pleasure and it's nice to deal with someone who is just as excited about your tank as you are.

Tek light 8 bulb fixture, tunze nano wave box, vortech mp-20, rowaspas reactor, carbon, hydor preformer 600 skimmer, quiet one 6000 return
Old 03-17-2010, 07:11 AM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

Kevin your store rocks man, its a great place for me to burn a couple of hundred bucks everytime i come by lol.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:53 PM

Ryan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryan

Kevin is a great guy and easy to deal with. Always great stock and great service. Red Coral is kinda like going to vegas though because you never seem to leave with the same amount of money you went in there with.

The worst is that Doug character, he seems to be able to talk a guy into buying anything.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:58 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

I know what you mean. I was there yesterday, AGAIN!!! After buying some stuff I had to head out, but after 30 minutes or so, I was still there. Kevin is a great guy and we just shoot the breeze.

As the others say, keep up the good work Kevin. Thanks for the frags yesterday and the KALK.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 03-17-2010, 10:51 PM

Jessie55 is on a distinguished road

I hope they start putting all their coral on the website cause i keep hearing how amazing it is and i would love to buy some.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:25 AM

reefbyremote is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I agree with you. The guys at Red Coral have helped me get started in this hobby. If they were in my backyard I would definitely have an even higher visa bill. Really helpful, friendly and with a great selection.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:31 AM

Shawner9ster is on a distinguished road
Talking

Cant wait till the weekend to meet kevin in person, and check out the store that everyone is braging about!
Old 03-18-2010, 02:04 AM

foreveringlass is on a distinguished road

I can't wait to get there. I am planning on Sunday. However last week when I tried to make it, I had a serious case of head in *ss! I was armed with a phone number, phoned got directions, got lost and ran out of time. When I got home looked up the address and felt shame! I can't wait!