Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 07-18-2009, 04:04 PM

Clay&Chey is on a distinguished road

We gotta design ourselves a 1 way nozzle for the ends of my 2 return. something with overlaping flaps on the inside that are pushed open by the water flow. i like your swapping check valve idea but a quick question how do remove the checkvalve? my ball valve cut off is after the check valve. i could go check valve, check valve and the second check valve could be the one i swap out.... and if the permanent one gets loaded with crud so be it check valve 2 the rotational clean one will be up to the task.... i hope

Tek light 8 bulb fixture, tunze nano wave box, vortech mp-20, rowaspas reactor, carbon, hydor preformer 600 skimmer, quiet one 6000 return
Old 07-20-2009, 04:20 AM

Somemore random pics...

Our super fat lawnmower Blenny

Tankshot kitchen side

Lime Green Acro

Red Mille

Unknown coral. Anyone know its name

Our Bicolour

Our friendly Foxface

Domino Damsel

tips and polyps

Tek light 8 bulb fixture, tunze nano wave box, vortech mp-20, rowaspas reactor, carbon, hydor preformer 600 skimmer, quiet one 6000 return
Old 07-20-2009, 05:14 AM

scherzo is on a distinguished road

Great looking tank! Wish I could get my renos done and get one put in the same place as yours!

I would say that running your returns straight up and then splitting would be your best bet.

Have you done "simulated" power outtage yet? What happens?
Old 07-20-2009, 08:33 AM

the current check valve works perfect. its a ugly noise as it kicks in but its doing good i guess. my checkvalve is clear would wrapping something around stopping the light from entering it help keep crap from growing in there and fouling it up? If your thinking of doing a divider tank on thing in my dreams i should have done if i had limitless cash is gone double width to 36". A 60"x36"x27" would be ideal in my mind so much more room.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:43 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Your foxface is a rabbit. (I dunno, I always thought "foxface" referred to Lo vulpinus). Yours looks like a Siganus virgatus, which is a sweet fish BTW. ).

Everything is looking great.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:02 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Nice tank guys... Glad those colonies are doing well for you!

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 07-20-2009, 08:24 PM

loveless is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay&Chey View Post
the current check valve works perfect. its a ugly noise as it kicks in but its doing good i guess. my checkvalve is clear would wrapping something around stopping the light from entering it help keep crap from growing in there and fouling it up? If your thinking of doing a divider tank on thing in my dreams i should have done if i had limitless cash is gone double width to 36". A 60"x36"x27" would be ideal in my mind so much more room.

Be very careful with those check valves. A freind of mine has them and noticed when doing a water change that they had started to leak, bad enough to cause concern for sure. It took a while for them to get to that point but all it takes is a tube worm or whatever to make them malfunction and they might as well not be there when the power goes out.