Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-31-2012, 06:25 PM

wmcinnes is on a distinguished road

I have the Mp40es, a Maxijet 1200 and a Korallia 1400 as well as the Eheim 5000 return for flow at the moment. That sums up to about 6000GPH flow which is over 65 times total display tank flow and in theory more than enough flow for an SPS display. I don't doubt lack of flow near the sandbed though so perhaps this is truly the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
How's the flow in your tank? I read your build thread & a 2nd MP40 seems to have been on a wish list, but have you made that purchase? Not sure if you turn pumps off when you take photos, but on a couple of your pics showing the water surface, there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of flow/surface agitation. I have 3 MP40WES on my 77, one each end, one at back in EcoSmart TSM mode around 80%. Only a couple of SPS, mostly softies & LPS. I would think on a 90 mixed reef running only a single MP40 & a MaxiJet, more flow might help solve the slime problem?

Rainforest of the Sea
First 90g Reef
Old 08-31-2012, 10:01 PM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

I have a pair of MP10s; one on each end, centered top to bottom, and about 5" from the front. I run them on nutrient transport @ 75% and it's enough to keep my sand clean

Wayne, try to solve the cyano issue before adding more flow as, once you have it, adding flow will only feed it more. Once it's gone you can consider making flow changes as higher flow helps keep it away
Old 08-31-2012, 11:48 PM

chandigz is on a distinguished road

it'z a type of cyano