Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 08-30-2012, 12:29 AM

Snaz is on a distinguished road
Default Lazy Builders

So my bathroom has been smelling like **** for a long time despite multiple cleaning and deodorizing. I finally lift it off today to inspect the wax seal and sure enough it was breached but the reason is why I am venting today.

Lazy builder neglected to remove the duct tape over the floor flange and placed the wax seal right on top. Once the duct tape rotted away the seal was no longer tight and well you know the rest...

I abhor lazy work and I will bet if the loogan responsible was installing his own ****ter he would have taken the thirty seconds to remove the duct tape.

/rant off
Old 08-30-2012, 12:38 AM

Cal_stir is on a distinguished road

I hate when that happens!
Old 08-30-2012, 04:37 PM

monocus is on a distinguished road
Default lazy

there are a lot of bad builders out there,a lot who are not lazy but inept.i can usually spot around 7 mistakes driving by any new house being built. unfortunately people will go with the cheapest contractor they can get-you get what you pay for.i've seen houses that were built where after inspection,the insulation was removed and every second stud taken out.i had to gut the inside to fix that one
Old 08-30-2012, 06:28 PM

Snaz is on a distinguished road

I'm in a townhouse and yes the rush job clearly shows. On the other side of the coin my father in-law just completed their new house. Reputable architect and builders make a huge difference, every step of the construction was though and quality was top notch. The build site was clean and you could see these guys were proud of their work. The house is fantastic.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:42 PM

toxic111 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaz View Post
I'm in a townhouse and yes the rush job clearly shows. On the other side of the coin my father in-law just completed their new house. Reputable architect and builders make a huge difference, every step of the construction was though and quality was top notch. The build site was clean and you could see these guys were proud of their work. The house is fantastic.
Yes & no.. it doesn't need to be an Architect to do the design. But you do get what you pay for. I design for a living, and have many buildings to my credit. I have seen the bad & good. I hate to say it, the final product (unless it is a spec build) is down to how much the client is willing to pay to do it right. The right way is for from the most economical way to do it. & trust me, most clients want to do it on the cheaper side.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:05 PM

chandigz is on a distinguished road

I'm a painter by trade and I have seen a lot of crappy contractors out there. There are several that I have done one job for and refused to do work for them again. I take pride in my work and I didn't want my name to be associated with them. Needless to say I am with a great contractor now. I only do his work because he thinks the same way as me "there is only one way do do things-the right way". We build the clients house like it was our own house, only better and it shows.-we always have a one to two year wait list to get started.