Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 06-14-2010, 04:31 AM

trinac is on a distinguished road
Default DH Biking

Pics from Kicking Horse opening weekend!! BEAUTIFUL WEATHER as well

WTF is that?! early season for you I guess!

Generally what I look like, but without the helmet and gear. I was hoping I still knew how to bike at this point... its a long way down!

Just out of the gondola

A sweet view

And another, just cause

So there was still a lot of snow at the top!! Had to bike down the cat track quite a ways before we could get on actual trails

A pic of me on a track

And another

Trina
Old 06-14-2010, 04:48 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Man alive. Yore purdy. Think I'm in love!!

(I'm talking to your Kona Stinky BTW. But you aint so bad yerself, but, um .. yah. The bike.)

Yuck, I think I've seen enough of the white stuff for a bit. I'll wait until July maybe to hit up KH.

Sadly I passed up an op to ride Moose Mountain today so I could spend time with the monstrosities .. er .. kids instead. We did watch some of the guys come down though as we came back from picnicing in the Maclean Creek area. Beautiful weather!

LMK if you guys are ever interested in shuttling a few over at Moose!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:11 AM

I love my bike too!! Gets me out of some hairy situations... I took a jump which had a little gap, but landed on the front lip of the riser, bike took it like a champ. Thought I was going to do a superman on that one! haha

I will keep you posted when more of the snow is gone at Kicking Horse. We've never been to moose mountain before. Are there some intermediate trails there? I am not an expert. Marcellus goes on anything though.

Trina
Old 06-14-2010, 05:26 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Is that the stock fork or did you swap it out?

I don't think you'd have anything to worry about, there's a fair range of trails. To be honest I have yet to ride Moose Mountain in anything but youtube and my imagination though. (Although I have done some of the XC trails on the other side of the fire road though.) This is the year I change that! COP is great but the season pass is super high now and I figure at $25/4 hours, I'd have to go >8 times this summer for the pass to pay off and .. I think that's probably a bit questionable whether I could go that often.

Anyhow I understand all the structures at MM have bypasses. One of my bosses at work sometimes takes his XC bike down Race of Spades (after he first CLIMBS the fire road up, what a nut). And, well, you ride at Kickinghorse!! So you can probably handle it no sweat.

Do you guys ever hit up COP?

Last edited by Delphinus; 06-14-2010 at 05:29 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:34 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

Looks like fun, I've never rode at Kicking Horse. Someday maybe!
Old 06-14-2010, 02:21 PM

parkinsn is on a distinguished road

Wow that looks quite a bit different with no snow on it. I have put my ski's down there lots but never a mountain bike. Its been a while since I have done and "hard core" mountain biking, not sure if my brodie omega could handle it but it looks like it would be a lot of fun.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:35 PM

Kicking Horse is the second best DH mountain I've been on, next to Whistler of course. I've also been to Fernie & Panorama. So if anyone is into this sport and hasn't gone there, you gotta do it!!

KH is now more beginner friendly too, the catamount chair is open now which takes you right to some pretty easy green runs. For any mountain, including COP you can rent DH bikes & gear. Depending on the amount of travel your shocks have on your Brodie you could be okay. I've seen people ride everything on the mountains including hard tails, which I think is crazy but whatever floats your boat! Having said that.. those riders weren't exactly going mach chicken or anything either.

I googled Moose Mountain, looks pretty cool!! Definately will have to check it out sometime this summer. I'm just not sure when?! Maybe in 3 weeks time, I know the weekend after next is another kicking horse trip. I've just been to COP once. Marcellus goes quite a bit over the summer. I just get kinda busy with work sometimes. I'll probably be there more this summer.

Trina
Old 06-14-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinac View Post
I've seen people ride everything on the mountains including hard tails, which I think is crazy but whatever floats your boat! Having said that.. those riders weren't exactly going mach chicken or anything either.
I have a friend that rides a hardtail with a 5" fork up front, I can't come close to hanging with him on my 6x6. That being said the guy can really ride though and he's a tad insane! Notice I'm not addmitting that my skills might suck as the reason I can't hang with him! haha
Old 06-14-2010, 03:57 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Looks like a lot of fun. I myself am not a downhiller though. I'm more into cross country and actually enjoy biking UP the hill
Old 06-14-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Looks like a lot of fun. I myself am not a downhiller though. I'm more into cross country and actually enjoy biking UP the hill
People that like biking UP the hill scare me, there's something not right with you people! I'm kidding, sometimes there's no better feeling then clearing that hill you've been working on all year!