Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 05-31-2010, 04:57 AM

trinac is on a distinguished road
Default Tank Sitter Calgary NE June 11 weekend

Hello

Looking for a tank sitter for Calgary NE, June 11 weekend. Kicking Horse bike park opens that weekend!! woo hoo!! Anyways... looking for any options here whether its a fish store service, or someone else local who wants some extra cash, or a favour to be returned for other vacationers. Of course looking for someone knowledgable, and trustworthy.

For that weekend in particular, would be just looking for a Saturday visit, maybe Sunday. Feed the fish, top up water. I'd be home Sunday evening-ish.

Thanks!!
Old 05-31-2010, 06:50 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Can't help you with the tank sitting I'm afraid, sorry .. but sweet, glad to hear of another DH rider on the board!!
Old 05-31-2010, 02:02 PM

Yah!! I love it! What mountains do you go to? I think Kicking Horse is my favourite local mountain. But we also go to Panorama and Fernie sometimes. Whistler, of course, is the best. Thats where I got into it, was bored and decided to give it a go!
Old 05-31-2010, 04:35 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Panorama and Fernie and Whistler every so often (God I love Whistler!! You need to go one year during Crankworx, that place buzzes with energy that week). Haven't been able to get it together for KickingHorse though. Bunch of guys I ride with go often enough but I always seem to have a conflict when they choose to go. C.O.P. and Moose Mountain is pretty easy to get to for a few hours of riding though. If the weather could just smarten up I'd be all over them by now. If you ever want to hit up one of those places one Saturday or Sunday morning drop me a line!!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:54 AM

bryceschutte is on a distinguished road

I am willing to do it but I honestly have no experience at all with salt water. All i ask for in return is some free stuff to get my tank started. And some knowledge on how to maintain a tank.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryceschutte View Post
I am willing to do it but I honestly have no experience at all with salt water. All i ask for in return is some free stuff to get my tank started. And some knowledge on how to maintain a tank.
Hi! I have recently found someone who can take care of the tank while I am away, thank you so much for the offer though. For equipment, I have a hang on the tank filtration units you can have to get you started, good for a smaller aquarium. Let me clean them up for you and I will notify you when complete. Do you have a tank yet?

Trina
Old 06-10-2010, 12:36 AM

Thank you. I have a tank but its just a straight forward tank. I am trying to find one that is drilled. But the one I have will do ok for now. I think.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:07 AM

Ahh if you are just starting out and wanting to keep it on the budget side, I wouldn't worry about a sump just yet. At least, I am not for now But its up to you, of course!!

What size of tank do you have? If this hang on filter is big enough, you can have it!

Trina
Old 06-10-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinac View Post
Ahh if you are just starting out and wanting to keep it on the budget side, I wouldn't worry about a sump just yet. At least, I am not for now But its up to you, of course!!

What size of tank do you have? If this hang on filter is big enough, you can have it!
I will take it. Where and when can I pick it up?
Old 06-10-2010, 02:27 AM

Let me clean it up first, probably Monday sometime. I am in the NE. I will PM you when its ready!

Trina