Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-19-2002, 03:53 PM

Old Guy is on a distinguished road
Default Totally bummed but

Since June 20th I have had my 90 gal african tank wiped out by some unknow disease. Three tries of different and expensive antibiotics did nada. Of course the red zebra that came with the disease is acting like nothing ever happened :mad: Sorry, just venting a little. Anyways, during all this sorrow I've convinced the wife to let me turn it to salt :D so I am going to set it up as a FOWLR and keep fish that we can't currently keep in my reef tank. Now comes the real dilemma. What to keep?? To many choice's and not enough brain cells :rolleyes: I'm planning to start setting up the tank over the weekend(sand and water)but won't be adding any fish till September so there is time for contemplation [img]smile.gif[/img] Any imput would be appreciated in selecting fish. I realize choices are limited in a 90gal but !!
Old 07-19-2002, 10:23 PM
Gold Member

smokinreefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to smokinreefer

golden butterfly...
a while back these guys were available everywhere and in all sizes...i seriously contemplated trying one out in the reeftank...but witha fish only...for sure i would get one!!
Old 07-19-2002, 11:06 PM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

On the subject of bflys, I've had a blackback for well over a year now. Spike is one of my favorite fish, and as tankmates come and go..( :rolleyes: ) she seems to get along with all.

Another favorite (in with her) the peaceful valentini puffer. Puffers do not go with triggers however.
Old 07-19-2002, 11:12 PM

After cleaning all day I took a break and went to J&L to get some supplies. Of course Allen was quite pleased to hear of my conversion. I could have sworned I heard Ka-Ching, Ka-Ching coming from his ears [img]smile.gif[/img] He's suggesting a nice Blue face or Queen angel. Oh the pain, the pain in the brain. I quess I'm looking towards the colorful end. Some of those wrasse sure are beautiful.
Old 07-20-2002, 12:12 AM

Mares77 is on a distinguished road

Personal favourite is a Majestic Angel....By the way the shroom you gave me is doing awesome..If you are looking for 175watt MH let me know i have one....good luck with the conversion
Old 07-20-2002, 04:00 AM

DJ88 is on a distinguished road

Oh Jeff! Sorry. that is a nice looking tank too..So the only survivor was the one bringing it in? man that bites.

Hmm a 90 FOWLR. [img]smile.gif[/img]

For that shape 90 I'd go; (it's a tall 90 isn't it?)

Pygmy lion (antennata like EmilyB's are nice).

Maybe some anthias if you dont mind feeding them. They would look nice shoaling up the height of your tank.

I think it will depend on what you want as in peaceful, agressive, colourful.. lol

If you have any ideas taht way I have some more suggestions.

For colorful some flasher or fairy wrasses are nice like anthias. Get some M/F harems and the male will do some displays for you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Personally I think sixlines are hilarious. As are Blennies. [img]smile.gif[/img] Maybe a smaller butterfly.

Pygmy angel? [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 19 July 2002, 12:00: Message edited by: DJ88 ]
Old 07-20-2002, 12:27 PM

Thanks and glad your shroom is ok. That monster should produce many a fine offspring [img]smile.gif[/img]
I didn't plan on halides for a FOWLR as my hood is already set up with 4 tubes. You never know though, after I'm finish setting it up more light may be in order. :cool:
I pretty well like most of the larger angels, I just don't know if it would be fair to put it in a 90 gal tank. Of course I could always get juvies, grow them through transition and trade them back in :D
Old 07-21-2002, 01:12 PM

The cleaning is done, the water has been filtered and mixed and 5 inches of sand has been added. Let the cycle begin. :D