Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 12-14-2008, 05:29 AM

Snaz is on a distinguished road

You have the fattest fish Untamed.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:49 AM

untamed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post

Looking good. Do you got a before and after tank shot of the Cyano.. like above, but before?
Next time it gets bad, I'll make a point of doing a before and after shot... But this shot, taken in January, gives you a pretty good idea of what the sand bed looked like a few days ago.

Geez....this was January. I can't believe the size that some of the little frags in this photo have become since then...
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436

Last edited by untamed; 12-14-2008 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodeus View Post
I see that you have the dreaded red turf algae on your rocks. Have you figured out why you have it i had it on my rocks when i had my 120 gal and it was really bad.
I suppose I do. I've never really given that algae a 2nd thought. It doesn't seem to be any kind of problem. I assumed that it was naturally part of the Florida rocks. The tangs seem to like it and it stays closely trimmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaz View Post
...except for the Lookdown! I think the Atlantic Blue is getting a double chin...and the foxface does seem a bit fat....but I firmly believe that my Nasos are shaped the way Nasos are supposed to be shaped. No doubt that my challenges with cyano are related to heavy feeding.
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

Old 12-17-2008, 06:53 PM

argan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to argan

Is the Tank web-Cam still working Brad? couldn't get it to show me anything.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by argan View Post
Is the Tank web-Cam still working Brad? couldn't get it to show me anything.
Yes, it is working fine. Viewing hours are only 1PM to 10PM PST. You also have to click on the "single" tab in order to see the tank.

http://brads-aquarium.viewnetcam.com:50000

Old 12-17-2008, 10:45 PM

argan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to argan

ok after 1 pm, thanks
Old 12-17-2008, 11:56 PM

Pan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaz View Post
Hey what about me...I have just about the fattest wrasse around

Old 01-01-2009, 12:29 AM

Default Tough day....

We lost power up here on Westwood Plateau today for about 4 hours. Believe it or not, this the first power failure I've had since the tank started. It was a pretty nice day today, so it is odd...

The tank seemed just fine throughout. The power failure happened just before lights-on, so the tank was at it's lowest daily temperature. Over the four hours, temp dropped about 2 degrees....from 78 to 76. No fish showed any signs of distress, but I think the starfish seemed to be out-and-about a bit more than normal.

I got my generator out and ready and was probably another hour or so from firing it up when the power returned.

Then, a few hours later, Buster (the white cheek tang) had some kind of accident during lunchtime feeding. I'm not sure if he got slashed by someone or just ran into a piece of coral. He was already not doing really well as he has been fighting some kind of infection/parasite of late. Now, he's going to have to recover from this wound. I hope he makes it.

So far, he continues to behave normally. I think time will tell if this wound becomes infected or not.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:54 AM

Pan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by untamed View Post
We lost power up here on Westwood Plateau today for about 4 hours. Believe it or not, this the first power failure I've had since the tank started. It was a pretty nice day today, so it is odd...

The tank seemed just fine throughout. The power failure happened just before lights-on, so the tank was at it's lowest daily temperature. Over the four hours, temp dropped about 2 degrees....from 78 to 76. No fish showed any signs of distress, but I think the starfish seemed to be out-and-about a bit more than normal.

I got my generator out and ready and was probably another hour or so from firing it up when the power returned.

Then, a few hours later, Buster (the white cheek tang) had some kind of accident during lunchtime feeding. I'm not sure if he got slashed by someone or just ran into a piece of coral. He was already not doing really well as he has been fighting some kind of infection/parasite of late. Now, he's going to have to recover from this wound. I hope he makes it.

So far, he continues to behave normally. I think time will tell if this wound becomes infected or not.

Looks like a slash from a tang to me and Lymphocytis.

http://www.chucksaddiction.com/
Links left sidebar to info-links---->disease. Scroll down to lymphocytis

Old 01-01-2009, 01:54 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

That slash looks NASTY... Ouch!! Hope he recovers. I love White Cheeks..

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988