Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 01-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Brad...

I will need to re-home my scribbled rabbitfish soon as he's cleaned out my Caulerpa.

He's eventually going to get wayyyyy to big for my tank and I admit, I impulse bought him on an LFS employees suggestion before going home and doing my DD.

If you would like him, he's yours.

Hes worked real hard for me, so I'd like to reward him for it.

Let me know via PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:29 AM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road

How's everything in the tank ?

360 Reef Tank
Old 04-22-2013, 02:54 AM

untamed is on a distinguished road

Things are OK, but not great. I have a fire coral that has overgrown the entire tank. I'm burning through Ca/Alk like mad, but I know it is this darn fire coral that is the consumer. The only cure is going to be a complete rock replacement and I can't even imagine how I'm going to do that. Some of those rocks are probably much larger now than they were when I put them in there. I'm not even sure I CAN get them out.

The fish don't care. They are all doing well. I'll have to check my records...most of the fish would be 6 by now...?
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436
Old 04-23-2013, 02:47 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Just spent the last 4 hours reading this journal... amazing work! Hopefully I can get some frags from you in the future!!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:55 PM

Rayne is on a distinguished road

Amazing tank and build!

I am curious how you feel about Envision? I am thinking about getting them to build me a 600G tank so am looking for someone with first hand experience with them.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:33 AM

The pros and cons of acrylic tanks are more than well discussed. I'm VERY happy with the quality of my Envision tank. It is overbuilt, there is no bowing whatsoever and he even built in things I didn't think to ask for (removable overflow strainers). Tank is so strong that I routinely sit on top of it in order to do maintenance. Absolute best in class.
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

Old 01-24-2014, 05:15 AM

Scuba Diver Gal is on a distinguished road

I just wanted to post a thank you! My son is new to the hobby and I have sort of followed along. We have spent the last 3 nights going through every single page and photo of this post. I have loved the "salt opera" that is your tank, and the life of your fish.

Hope all is still well. Thanks again for the inspiration, I love how you love your fish so much!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:52 PM

Thanks very much. The tank continues to do well enough. The fish are certainly doing great, however my coral has not thrived for some time now. OK.. But not what it has been in the past.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:49 AM

Toongraeme is on a distinguished road

Absolutely epic! Spent the last couple of weeks flicking back and forth.... It certainly has been a soap opera lol.... It's like we all know the stars of the show, whether they are past or present! I'm definitely inspired by your build, I can only dream one day that I can have a huge tank with a fish room. I've kept tangs in the past and I'm determined to do it again once I have the room for it! Keep up the good work.....
Old 02-28-2014, 02:16 AM

An update. Nothing much has changed. I've lost a lot of my coral lately...even while some coral shows a lot of improvement. So...I don't really know what my problems are at the moment. Old tank syndrome...

Anyway, here is how things are looking. As you can see, the fish are always happy.