Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 01-02-2020, 02:40 AM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

Well update time for everyone. Tank is running smooth. Smoother than any tanks Ive had in the past. Parameters are all at near 0. Skimmer is running smoothly. Carbon and GFO reactors are doing their thing.

Added a frag or two of zoos and a nice frag of aussie green branching Duncans.

Also picked up a 4 point auto doser. Using that to Auto dose the ATI complete 2 stage and also for my water top ups. These dosers really make life nice and easy and lazy. Just need to figure out how to auto spot feed my coral at night...

Next thing to work on is add a Sand Dollar to keep the substrate in good order and a nice 6 line or 8 line wrasse to add more life to the tank. And then build a refuge in a reactor container.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:12 AM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
Default 75 Gallon with 35 Gallon Sump Mixed Reef

Well Couple of months in and I have to say that the tank is running fine as feck. Honestly its abit disconcerting how well this tank cycled and stabilized compared to previous systems of mine.

So like I said, I picked up an auto doser. Pump one and two on it are running 95ml per day of the 4:1 RO/ATI Essentials mix Part 1 and Part 2. That stuff is honestly the shit. Its a full water change in a bottle. I have only done one water change and it was a small 5% one to stabilize my salinity that slowly dropped due to minor salt creep and dumping the skimmer over a few months. Pump 3 is just for topping up my water. Honestly, Im that lazy. And since Im home everyday I can decide to keep the hose in the RO water for the tank or just pull it out before the next programmed dose time of RO water. Once I get more funds Ill change that into an actual ATO. But for now Im okay with this.

Sump Needs cleaning....Thats for another day.

Also added some more livestock

Yellow Tang. Healthy and Hungry lil Bastard. And pretty curious too.

A Neon Dottyback. I really enjoy watching this guy. He is a hell of a swimmer.

A sand sifting star fish. Curious little creature these are. But it does the job keeping the substrate from turning in a rock of its own.

A small Lobo Brain. Loves its nightly feeding of cyclopods. I hope its colors improve with time.

Neon Green Aussie Branching Duncans. God damn these things grow fast!

A Blue Gonipora. Just starting to reach out.

A Green Gonipora. Happy as can be.

Pretty certain this is some kind of Rhodactus Mushroom. Big Guy once it stretches out. Bright too.

Chaos Palys!!!!!! So So So Bright! And they grow soo fast!

Mystery Palys. The skirts on these were brown when I got them. But are now starting to turn a nice Red.

And then there's everything else in the tank thats from before. All doing good.

And last but not least. FTS

Old 02-06-2020, 04:36 PM

I don't know of anybody else uses the ATI Reef essentials 2-part kit. But if you do I recommend you watch your salinity on a weekly to bi-weekly basis depending on the size of your system. I guess one of those parts has sodium in it which does actually increase your salinity.

I just had to spend some time dropping my salinity from 1.028 down to more acceptable parameters.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:24 AM

Got bored, here's me progress(or there lack of) with getting the right camera shot.

Old 02-18-2020, 05:12 PM

Well, since this is basically just me rambling off, then I shall continue!

Went shopping

Chucky's Bride (At least I think they are)

Incinerators

Blue Constellations

Pink Hippos

Purple Tip Octospawn

Planet Earth Gladis

Green Flowerpot(****ed off from just being moved)

Red Flowerpot (****ed off from being moved)

Nuclear Green Paly

Candy Apple Red

Rainbow Cloves

Tank Shots

Last edited by bauder1986; 02-18-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:39 PM
Administrator

titus has disabled reputation

Hello

Lots of goodies. I see lots of opportunities for POTM.

Titus
Old 02-25-2020, 03:10 PM

Dash is on a distinguished road

I’m impressed with your photo of rainbow cloves. I can never capture the colour of mine on camera - they always look blah
Old 02-25-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titus View Post
Hello

Lots of goodies. I see lots of opportunities for POTM.

Titus
Yeah, I'll try for sure haha. Still alot of other more mature systems out there though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
I’m impressed with your photo of rainbow cloves. I can never capture the colour of mine on camera - they always look blah
Thank you!

Well. I used an underwater camera on underwater mode with the light filtering set as close to 10K as possible. So far that's the best I could do without buying the clip on light filter for camera's and I took the photo when my lights achieved max setting for the day.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-25-2020, 04:47 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Tank is looking good! I find photos to be really tough. We have become so used to our phone having a good camera and they just take horrible pics of the tank.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 02-26-2020, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
Tank is looking good! I find photos to be really tough. We have become so used to our phone having a good camera and they just take horrible pics of the tank.
Thank you

Yeah. You need a really good phone to do a decent job. There's this one guy at the LFS here in Red Deer who has a phone that's capable of 10000K white balance in pro mode. Plus he clips on a lense onto his phone that further filters out the blue light making some pretty decent pictures.

But nothing compares to a good camera with a macro lense and light filter.