Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Photography

Old 06-16-2019, 04:04 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough
Default Photobucket restricted accounts

How do you feel about this?

So, we are no longer allowed to use PB for 3rd party hosting. That's been a given for some time now.
But now, they've put a cap on the # of pics we are allowed to store.
My account currently has less than 2.5MB of data used and tells me I'm at 65% of my storage capacity.
BUT, they state I'm over the total allowed for alloted storage based on their total allowed # of photos of 250. This used to be 1000.
I currently have over 1300 photos on their site, but less than 2.5GB of total usage. So I'm over the limit, but they are letting it go as I'm an older user.
If I want to upload new pics, I'll need to delete enough pics to meet their new criteria. This means I'll need to delete over 1100 pics.
Think what this will do to all the threads I've added info in to help others who are just starting out.
Most of my DIY threads will be comprised of text with non-existent reference pics.

There's not much us small users are able to do about this, but maybe some of you reading this will find a way to do something about it.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:52 PM

Ryan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryan

This isnt new. Photobucket did the same thing.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:16 PM
Administrator

titus has disabled reputation

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
H
So, we are no longer allowed to use PB for 3rd party hosting. That's been a given for some time now.
But now, they've put a cap on the # of pics we are allowed to store.
My account currently has less than 2.5MB of data used and tells me I'm at 65% of my storage capacity.
Sorry I'm missing something here. You aren't referring to this site not allowing PB right? The limit here is 40MB and no cap on number of photos. Not something to brag about but surely way more than the 2.5MB you mentioned consuming 65%.

Titus
Old 11-06-2019, 03:52 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
This isnt new. Photobucket did the same thing.
Ummmm... he's talking about PhotoBucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titus View Post
Hello

Sorry I'm missing something here. You aren't referring to this site not allowing PB right? The limit here is 40MB and no cap on number of photos. Not something to brag about but surely way more than the 2.5MB you mentioned consuming 65%.

Titus
He's talking about Photobucket... not Canreef.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:20 PM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

Whatever. Photobucket is old news now. They got big enough to where they can charge people. But there are guys up there that are not big enough to charge yet. And not too many limits from what I can tell. So here's what I use www.imgur.com

It also has handy image editing tools such as image resizing which is very much so needed if you're going to post pictures on this forum. Otherwise the pictures well be very large and impossible to see because people will have to scroll left right and up and down.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:40 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauder1986 View Post
It also has handy image editing tools such as image resizing which is very much so needed if you're going to post pictures on this forum. Otherwise the pictures well be very large and impossible to see because people will have to scroll left right and up and down.
Someone finally said it.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:46 PM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
Someone finally said it.
Yeah haha. My recent tank journal post showed me how necessary it was to have image resizing. the phone takes a ridiculous 5600x5600 photo. Much to large for this forum.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:51 AM
Administrator

titus has disabled reputation

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog
He's talking about Photobucket... not Canreef.
Okay that's where I was confused because Photobucket's $5.99 beginner plan storage is 25GB so if he only has 2.5MB of data used but consumed 65% capacity? I guess that's an old plan that has different parameters.

I have done a lot of research on photo storage platforms for family photos. Some of these are probably known to you guys but in case not here're my findings:

Flickr (Recently sold by Yahoo to SmugMug)
Difference from SmugMug is video is limited to 1GB / 10 min.
Free: 1000 photos
Pro: Unlimited storage at $4.99 a month

SmugMug
All plans have unlimited storage with max video at 3GB / 20 min.
Basic: $48 a year
Power, Portfolio, Pro: These plans do not add more storage but have more customizations such as pre-made templates, access control, custom watermarks, etc.

Google Photo
Free with unlimited photos and videos but limited to 25MP.
GSuite Business with 5 people: $720 a year: Unlimited storage with no 25MP restriction.

Also I'm trying to kick start the good old POTM again. If you have good photos that is on subject, post them on the Nov 2019 POTM thread.

Titus

Last edited by titus; 11-08-2019 at 02:16 AM.