Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 06-29-2014, 07:00 PM

JmeJReefer is on a distinguished road

I have basic cable. Mainly use Apple TV that's jailbroken. Get any show, movie, sports, documentary known to man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2014, 07:03 PM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

Very interesting this XBMC
Will look into this soon. Am getting tired of paying through the nose for not much value.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:29 PM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmeJReefer View Post
I have basic cable. Mainly use Apple TV that's jailbroken. Get any show, movie, sports, documentary known to man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup i have apple TV and a jail broken iPad i stream movie box too.. epic
Old 06-29-2014, 07:36 PM

Cjm is on a distinguished road

I use an antenna for local and a jailbroken Atv with xbmc and hulu for everything else
Old 06-29-2014, 11:45 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

I'm about to cancel, just waiting for the World Cup to end. I'll be calling Shaw shortly so my next bill is for internet only. It's the only bill I have that takes money a month in advance, before actually providing the service. How do they even get away with that?

I recently purchased a HomeWorX box which has an ATSC tuner since my older TV does not have an internal ATSC tuner. Only two over the air HD channels available here, but I don't care. I'll be fine with the local channels & news and get everything else via the net.

So tired of paying for basic cable & being charged for watching garbage TV laced with advertising. I'd love the ability to pick & choose a few channels as well, but none of the big providers work that way. You have pay for the basic crap & extra for the channels worth watching. I wonder who actually watches all the nonsense offered up these days as entertainment. Reality shows? Get out of the house, there's plenty of reality out there for free. Hopefully the trend of cancellations will continue & they get a wake up call. They've had it too good for too long. Heck, Shaw owns at least one network & I assume Bell owns a few of their own. No idea about Telus.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:05 AM

Bowen is on a distinguished road

Net-only here. No cell service (keeping the old phone on for when I'm out of town), no decent tv service (and I watch all my stuff, limited as it is, online anyway), and a landline for work contact. Nice and simple, and leaves way more money for the tank! :P
45g + 30g sump. 250w 14000K MH; remora skimmer with a maxijet 1200; gravity-driven overflow; fluval sea and koralia powerheads; oversized biowheel and 5 gallon trickle biofilter, both free! Snails, hermits, at least one little hitchhiker starfish, one dalmation mollie; pair of black ocellaris clowns, courtesy of this place!; then some sort of herbivore(s) and/or colourful things.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:36 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

I didn't have any TV all through university. Afterwards when I moved in with my now fiancée we got it... I've been pushing to cancel it ever since. The ever rising bill that those leeches at Telus send us each month makes me cringe. I really want to get rid of the landline as well as we both have cell phones.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 06-30-2014, 01:09 PM

jordsyke is on a distinguished road

XBMC on my ouya! Super cheap way to have xbmc on a tv other htan hdmi through lappy
Old 06-30-2014, 02:32 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Problem with XBMC is the legality of it. Just like torrent's you could be sued for downloading copyrighted material. They are starting to bring lawsuits against people downloading this material.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/04...perts-worried/
Old 06-30-2014, 02:32 PM

JGT is on a distinguished road

We canceled the dish about two years ago and our land lines two months ago. Mostly because of rising cost and strange charges . Plus there was not much to watch on the dish anyway. We save well over 200$ a month prob close too 300$ we use net flicks and I am going to look into use ing Xbmc