Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2011, 10:47 PM

HL649 is on a distinguished road
Default Help with Tunze Osmolator

I just installed my new Tunze Osmolator topoff system. I can't seem to get it to work correct. The optical sensor will sense low water level in the tank and turn on the topoff pump but it won't turn the pump off when the water level in the tank rises. The pump keeps running until the safety float senses too high water level and the alarm sounds. I have tried both sensors on 1 mount and each sensor on a separate mount with varying distances between them but I still get the same result, turns on but won't turn off. I tried to clean the sensor but that didn't work either. Anybody have any ideas what might fix this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

I have a call into the store where I purchased the Tunze. They are going to get back to me in the morning. I'm hoping that someone here can help me a little sooner.
75 Gal. display with 40 Gal sump - Dual 1.5" drains, Aragonite sugar sand substrate, SWC Extreme 250 Cone Protein Skimmer, 1800L return pump, 4 AI SOL LED Lights, 250 ml pellets in a recirculating bio-pellet reactor, BRS Doser pumps for Calc & Alk, Tunze Osmolator Auto Topoff system connected Vertex Puratek RO/DI.