Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-21-2009, 11:15 PM

Jack is on a distinguished road

You can edit the size of your pictures on Photobucket. edit images - resize

I wouldnt drill the bottom for a closed loop - a bit what if factor.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:30 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Besides, closed loops are old school too.

(Maybe not.)

Good luck with the build.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:31 PM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Well well well - Hello Dez good to see you are back.I remember that tank, it gave me the insperation for my 150. I seem to remember a 180 that was by your front door also. Good luck with your build, I'm sure it wont take you long to get up to speed with things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
nice to see you back,

Planning anything that I still figure is the greatest fuge

From a photobucket account then just copy the IMG Code link

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:42 PM

Dez is on a distinguished road

Yeah.....the 180 was my wife's favourite tank. Hopefully this build will be done by next winter . It's good to be back.....it'll be better to have a running tank though.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:04 AM

mark is on a distinguished road

Forget where I grabbed that picture of yours from but kept it as a build plan. I've put it up a few times and always with a comment like "fantastic idea".

I've got a 145g but how my stand is then with the basement sump, never was able to copy your idea.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:17 AM

Here is a picture of the opening looking from the den. The tank will stick out 17" on this side and I'll have to build a stand/canopy. You'll be able to see this from the sidewalk in front of my house because I have a 5 x 6 window right in front. You should be able to look through the tank all the way into my backyard.

Here is a picture of the opening looking from the living room. The idea is to have it look like a picture frame from this side (it will be flush with the wall with access for feeding and aquascaping)...the top part of the picture frame will flip up.

Here is a picture of my rock tank that has been sitting my basement for the last 4 years getting moved around a couple of times while developing my basement. This was the first time that I've been in this room for probably a month. I don't go in there at all because there's an auto top off. I'm thinking about using it as a frag tank hooked into my system. But it's kind of long. Look at all that salt creep....sick! And my rusty old Hamilton light fixture with halides and vho's. I haven't had light on this tank in years....it's just decorative now .

Last edited by Dez; 03-22-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:09 AM

rocketlily is on a distinguished road

The picture of the tank with the viewable refugium is ust what I've been looking for, for inspiration. I hope you don't mind but I've saved it now as well. Good luck with the new build. Excellent little helper you've got there.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlily View Post
The picture of the tank with the viewable refugium is ust what I've been looking for, for inspiration. I hope you don't mind but I've saved it now as well. Good luck with the new build. Excellent little helper you've got there.
You are welcome to use the idea.....My stand was just a skin as well. That whole front panel came right off and the side panel came off and each "door" looking panel came right off as well. I used magnets. I just checked out your tank build and it looks awesome. You aren't even too far ..... just off of the Henday. I have a friend that has a tank in Sherwood Park. Maybe we'll meet soon.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:50 AM

rocketlily is on a distinguished road

What an idea, to hold the doors on with magnets Excellent idea. Probably one of the things that has been holding me back on finishing the cabinet is the doors. Thank you.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:36 AM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Ya, I sorta copied that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez View Post
You are welcome to use the idea.....My stand was just a skin as well. That whole front panel came right off and the side panel came off and each "door" looking panel came right off as well. I used magnets. I just checked out your tank build and it looks awesome. You aren't even too far ..... just off of the Henday. I have a friend that has a tank in Sherwood Park. Maybe we'll meet soon.

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.