Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 10-07-2014, 04:21 PM

SaltyDog143 is on a distinguished road

Ok so here is how we have decided to go......

Ordered a digital aquatics Elite plus system last night from Bulk Reef as it is a good price right now, going to pick up two finnex delux 300w heaters (they require a controller, going to use the RKE) I think in the long run the options the RKE offers will hopefully pay for itself? time will tell.

My thinking on the RKE is I can hook up my wavemakers, pump, lights, temp monitoring, ph monitoring, temp control, ATO, dosing if need be, etc, etc so we dished out the cash for it.

With pumps...I am still so up in the air with this one, my LFS is bringing in one this week that he says alot of people use that he has run out of stock on, will call me when they come in. I hear lots of peple love the Eheim 1262, but it is only rated for 900gph, this seems kinda low when we talk about 5' head height, and the extras for plumbing.

My system is 120gal, approx 30gal in the sump, 5' lift from sump to top of tank...I know I can use the calculator that is available but none of the newer pumps seem to be on there, the 1262 is not as well as some of the others like the DC pumps......

Keystone says he has had good luck with his waveline, and to me it seems like a good option, but some say the reliability of DC pumps is still under question, I know only I can make the decision on what I want in my tank but there is way too much info out there to sort through, one guy loves a product, next guy says its junk and would never use it again....man its frustrating

Ok I think thats my rant for today,

Closing question, has anyone used an eheim 1262 on a system of my size and been happy with it? maybe my issue is I am not sure how much flow I should have?

Anyway, thanks everyone for your input it is much appreciated
Randy