Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 11-27-2017, 04:53 AM

Tigweldpro is on a distinguished road
Default WANTED: Maxijet 600 YYC

I'm looking for a used Maxijet 600. My 400 is not tumbling the biopellets enough.

Shoot me a PM if you have a spare for sale. Thanks
Old 11-27-2017, 06:40 AM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

Just a heads up... I recently replaced my maxi jet to a larger one and it was much louder. I did this as I wanted my bio pellets to churn more. I ended up scrapping my biopellets all together as my wife and I couldn’t tolerate the noise of the larger maxi jet. My smaller maxi jet pump would not tumble the biopellets.

If your ok with a louder pump all good. Just thought I would share my experience as our tank is in the basement where we watch tv.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:43 PM

Tigweldpro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKoKoMan View Post
Just a heads up... I recently replaced my maxi jet to a larger one and it was much louder. I did this as I wanted my bio pellets to churn more. I ended up scrapping my biopellets all together as my wife and I couldn’t tolerate the noise of the larger maxi jet. My smaller maxi jet pump would not tumble the biopellets.

If your ok with a louder pump all good. Just thought I would share my experience as our tank is in the basement where we watch tv.
I'm using a TLF 150 to tumble them. First I just put a piece of acrylic tube from the lid to 1/2" off the bottom and the MJ 400 tumbled them fine but was loud. Now I put all the stock internals back inside with a black sponge on very bottom with knitting mesh on top of the bottom red plate it is very quiet but the pellets are not tumbling very fast at all.(ill try removing the sponge may fix it)

Are you selling your bigger maxijet @DKokoMan ? I'm in Edmonton for Christmas.