Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-03-2013, 01:18 PM

CM125 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
So your suggesting that he put 1000 Watts of metal halide over this tank? Plus the T5's which I doubt they are. Most likely PC's if it's Coralife. I would assume this tank is 48" long but even a 36" will do. Coralife doesnt build anything shorter if it's 2 250W combined with supplemental lighting and moon rays. 30" does sound a little deep for a 125G
What he has is fine for this tank if he is going to use this Coralife fixture. If he adds another 2 like you suggest he will need a pretty good chiller.
I made that recommendation on the assumption it was 6' long, running 3 MH across a 6' is quite common, but it sounds like it may not be (were still waiting on dimensions) so yes, if its 4 feet long you are quite right, that would be a lot of light lol
Old 04-03-2013, 07:41 PM

Kryptic4L is on a distinguished road

IMHO. Run what you got, no matter how much you prepare, we evolve as much as our equipment does. Just make sure the fx5 was not used with copper treatments.

I guarentee within a year you will have a better idea if sw is for you, what type of corals you and fish you really want.

I feel the only way to really know is get salty for a bit and get used to the maintence schedule.

Nothing wrong with cycling some rocks and adding a few fish and evolving from there. I've gone through about 6 tanks in 6 years and I'm still not sure what the next year will bring.