Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-17-2008, 05:42 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

How do you know vendors aren't reviewing other vendors....not that I think they would or anything....although a few are questionable...
Old 08-17-2008, 05:44 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I think it should be a PUBLIC poll where we can see who voted how. That would be much more fair. I think negative votes should definately have to prove their case. If I have a grudge against an employee for example...I could easily leave a negative vote, and never have to explain myself.

SPS fanatic.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:48 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

Exactly, or a grudge against an owner who only talks to you if you are spending money...
Old 08-17-2008, 06:02 AM

fencer is on a distinguished road

I thimk this a good start. Really if your in the business of selling things expect to have some negatives. If your service is good people will say so. Anonymity guarantees an honest answer. I think most 99.9% of the people on this forum are honest. Considering the amounts of money being spent at these vendors I sure would like to see some opinion about the vendors performance. If I was interested in ordering from a vendor that might have a less than stellar performance, I would be inclined to ask more questions before I order about return policies and DOA polices. Gives vendors a chance to improve their service in deficent areas and ultimately more business for them. This is not a perfect system but consumers have a right to voice too.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:07 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencer View Post
Anonymity guarantees an honest answer.
You think? I would think quite the opposite!

SPS fanatic.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:10 AM

mark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I think it should be a PUBLIC poll where we can see who voted how. That would be much more fair.
Great idea.

Vendors could PM poster to sort out problems if they wish, other users could PM for details and whole thing isn't public.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:56 AM

fencer is on a distinguished road

The system is not perfect. Giving out names will start wars and vendettas on Canreef, usually dragging personal stuff with it. I say give this a trial for a couple of months. The sys admin is watching closely for abuse. I will add one thing vendors who have more 15% negatives, (it is not just about gripes from one person but from many and it is a service problem)...should make it a practice to follow up the orders they just sent.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:06 AM

midgetwaiter is on a distinguished road

I think it's pretty useful as it is. If you expanded the scope of it to reduce anonymity or add some qualitative information to the feedback it would be more useful but a much, much larger undertaking.

IME people enter some situations with unrealistic expectations. With a few years retail experience under my belt I even notice myself doing it sometimes. It's just they way people are.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencer View Post
Giving out names will start wars and vendettas on Canreef, usually dragging personal stuff with it.
Exactly what we don't want. And I may want to post that I was unsatisified with a store, but I don't want to rehash out the whole issue. I'm not going to give my opinion if it means some vendor is gonna keep bugging me via PM or thread to be more satisified. Just accept that I wasn't, you can't please everyone.
Anonymity is the only way we feel we can get honest responses. Most people we spoke to would not be comfortable giving a bad rating if their name was attached. They would just say nothing, which would skew a rating to show only good replies.
Honestly, if a vendor has 50 "very satisifed" and 1 "very unsatisified", I'm gonna order from them.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyB View Post
How do you know vendors aren't reviewing other vendors.....

We would expect that only people who have dealt with a store would rate it. I might look into random sampling, to verify that a vendor has dealt with a "rater"...