Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 08-23-2009, 08:16 PM

phillybean is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to update everyone on this fish, still very happy and fat. From looking at the pictures from the 1st page of this thread to now, it is noticeable how much fuller her belly is. She is still eating Mysis and Nori. It's been about 7 months since I've had her now.

I had one scare when I checked on my tank one night, she was laying, motionless on the sand. I thought she died and I went to scoop her out, turned out she was sleeping. I'm not sure who was more scared, the fish or a half sleep reefer realizing he has a zombie fish...

Last edited by phillybean; 08-23-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:10 AM

bowkry is on a distinguished road

i have had the same cleaner wrasse for over a year now and he is healthy and great
Old 08-25-2009, 06:16 AM

TJSlayer is on a distinguished road

Yeah Mine is still going strong as well...I have it for close to a year myself and was in a previous tank for at least that as well....
75G, 100 lbs LR, Inwatter Stingray LED's, 25 Gallon Sump, 24wt UV, hermits, Snails, pep, fire & cleaner shrimps, Blue Throat Trigger, Perc Clowns , Yellow Tang, Coral Beauty, Blue Regal tang, RBTA, Coral Banded Shrimp, Checkerboard Wrasse, Many Corals, Royal Tux Urchin
Old 08-26-2009, 09:10 PM

bleevin is on a distinguished road

For those with cleaner wrasses... when first introduced did they take long to acclimate to the tank and swim around?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:30 PM

TJSlayer is on a distinguished road

MIne came from someone elses tank so he acclimated very quickly, not sure how "newer" ones would do...

But from what I have read and such they are a lot like copperbands, many are very difficult to acclimate to a tank. Which is also why a lot of people do not reccomned getting them as the usually do not fare well....

But there is a lot of information in forums to be read and everyones tank & experiences are different....
75G, 100 lbs LR, Inwatter Stingray LED's, 25 Gallon Sump, 24wt UV, hermits, Snails, pep, fire & cleaner shrimps, Blue Throat Trigger, Perc Clowns , Yellow Tang, Coral Beauty, Blue Regal tang, RBTA, Coral Banded Shrimp, Checkerboard Wrasse, Many Corals, Royal Tux Urchin
Old 08-27-2009, 01:17 AM

I put mine in a tank with ick so he fed off the fish for a bit then he started eating. Nori and mysis
Old 08-27-2009, 03:45 AM

phillybean is on a distinguished road

Mine was in a store tank full of a shoal of Chromis. He was swimming with the shoal and was very active, has been like that since I added him. Minor issue with the Sixline to start off with, but overall it's been great.

Again, I don't recommend everyone go and buy one, due to various reasons, however for the few that find a healthy, eating, active one that are rarely available from a store or from another reefer, they can be a great fish to have.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:15 PM

fiorano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybean View Post
It's no problem. I have 6 tangs full of ich in a 75 gallon and I am adding a few more next week. He will have lots to clean/eat
lol ...wow i had a good laugh there ... that was a joke right? i hope all 6 tangs are sailfins too
Old 08-30-2009, 11:03 PM

wow I have 2 tangs is 165 gal and they fight all the time