Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > GHL Profilux Info & Support

Old 06-10-2014, 03:35 AM

deeznutz is on a distinguished road
Default GHL doser screen no worky

I've recently took my doser out of storage and my screen no longer works
Pretty crappy screen if you ask me. It has always had missing pixels from day one, but legible none the less. I can no longer make out the screens except for a few. I've read a lot of complaints about the screens being poor quality. Kinda sucks for a $500 doser at the time.

Any chance you guys carry a replacement screen?

thanks

-dan
Old 06-10-2014, 12:57 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

I am sure you emailed us also?

Firstly there are not a lot of complaints about screens I am not sure how it can be determined the screens are "pretty crappy" either.

There was a very limited batch run back in 2012 where sreens failed after about 2 years, the manufacturer of the screens supplied the wrong type for humid environments. when GHL found out 18 months ago any that failed within warranty period have been replaced for free so all you have to do is drop us an email and we will help you out.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:40 PM

Ryanerickson is on a distinguished road

Not trying to be a jerk but I had a screen die plus 2 buddies had them
Die sounds like crappy screens to me because none were covered by warranty I swore to never by ghl again but gotta admit the new dosing unit is looking very slick and no screen to break.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:07 PM

as long as they are in two years then they are in warranty, I send them out and we have sent out a massive total of 6 out of over 1500 sold in that period.

I really dont see that being a massive issue.

It is also important to remember that once GHL knew they had a very small batch issue they looked after every client to make sure they got a new screen free of charge as they should. That is the most important thing, how a company handles a small issue and makes sure the client stays happy.

Just think if you bought some crappy chinese unit, bet you would not of got a free screen
Old 06-11-2014, 08:14 PM

apexifd is on a distinguished road

They replace the screen for free on my mitras because one is dimmer than the other.

And that's good customer care.

purple tang, sohal tang, yellow eye kole tang, fairy wrasse. cleaner wrasse, leopard wrasse, and misc fish.

GHL Mitras 6200HV X 2, MP40 X 2, MP60 X 1, tunze 6095 X 2, Vertex RX6 calcium reactor, Bubble King SM250, Aquamaxx bio pellets reactor, Profilux 3
Old 06-12-2014, 12:47 AM

Thanks for the reply, my unit must be within that batch run as the pixels were missing from the get go. But I could work with it. My a/c adaptor connector in the back of the unit is also finicky as I have to play with it for it to power on.

I'm just saying that for such an expensive unit, I figured it would have been nicer. It worked great when the power stayed on and I could read the screen.

My unit is well over 2 years old. How can I tell the age of the unit without having to dig for a receipt?

thank you for the reply, didn't mean to come off rude. Just disappointed I have to hand dose every night.

-dan
Old 06-12-2014, 05:39 AM

cblair is on a distinguished road

Would be interested in knowing as well as i bought a used unit and the screen has missing pixels how much are new screens?
Old 06-13-2014, 12:06 AM

The missing pixels didn't really bother me, but now that it's not legible is a PITA. Having a replacement ready for when the rest of pixel go is not a bad idea at all.

-dan
Old 06-13-2014, 12:16 AM

The missing pixels didn't really bother me, but now that it's not legible is a PITA. Having a replacement ready for when the rest of pixel go is not a bad idea at all.

-dan
Old 06-13-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
Thanks for the reply, my unit must be within that batch run as the pixels were missing from the get go. But I could work with it. My a/c adaptor connector in the back of the unit is also finicky as I have to play with it for it to power on.

I'm just saying that for such an expensive unit, I figured it would have been nicer. It worked great when the power stayed on and I could read the screen.

My unit is well over 2 years old. How can I tell the age of the unit without having to dig for a receipt?

thank you for the reply, didn't mean to come off rude. Just disappointed I have to hand dose every night.

-dan
If it had missing pixels from the start over two years ago i would of advised to contact us then. Finicky power connection points to corrosion from within a humid placed environment. From years of servicing the units. we typically find the insides salt laden and damp.

EVERY unit has a birth stamp on its under carriage a green round label, this shows the month and year of manufacturer.

But importantly as far as I can tell we have had no direct communication with you to rectify your issues other than public posts here

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 06-13-2014 at 08:22 PM.