Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > IADEM PET PRODUCTS INC

Old 04-03-2007, 05:46 PM

IADEM is on a distinguished road
Default Phosphate removers for sale

Not all phosphate removers are the same. Be aware that though phosphate removers reduce phosphate content, many do not bring phosphate levels down low enough to have a visible effect on the substrate dependent matter. Also, inferior methods of phosphate removal (such as liquids) have a slower response time or do not remove phosphates- they simply change it into a slightly less toxic form. Fritz Phosphate Remover utilizes hi-tech processing to create a unique, superior alumina sponge which rapidly reduces phosphates to nearly zero. Phosphate levels are drastically cut in hours! Many other brands will only reduce the phosphate level down to just over 2 ppm, and most methods take several days to take any effect. Fritz Phosphate Remover also eliminates silicates in the water, and therefore has a larger effect on the growth in the tank. Completely harmless to all reef invertebrates, fish, wildlife and plants, Fritz Phosphate Remover is the premiere method for rapidly and permanently eliminating phosphates- at bargain pricing. Never hassle with RO again! No need to "scrub down" the system! It's the low-maintenance solution for a beautiful aquarium, reef or pond.
Please contact us for pricing information, local pick up or delivery available in Edmonton. We ship anywhere in Canada and worldwide.

AQUARIUM DESIGNS UNLIMITED
A Division of IADEM Pet Products Inc.

www.aquariumdesigns.ca
info@aquariumdesings.ca

Custom and Standard Aquarium tanks any shape and size up to 13,000 Gallons with a Lifetime Warranty, fresh & saltwater livestock, services and supplies.

Palisades Shopping Centre
12909 - 140th Ave
(located by Safeway at the intersection of 137th Ave and 127th street)
Mon-Friday 12:30pm to 7:00pm
Saturdays 10:00am to 4:00pm
Old 04-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Banned

andresont is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

[quote=IADEM;244440] Fritz Phosphate Remover is the premiere method for rapidly and permanently eliminating phosphates- at bargain pricing. Never hassle with RO again! QUOTE]

What scares me is word "Rapidly" and this is why it is Not good for reef tanks !
Old 04-03-2007, 09:43 PM

IADEM is on a distinguished road

[quote=andresont;244461]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IADEM View Post
Fritz Phosphate Remover is the premiere method for rapidly and permanently eliminating phosphates- at bargain pricing. Never hassle with RO again! QUOTE]

What scares me is word "Rapidly" and this is why it is Not good for reef tanks !
Yes, you are correct, most things that happen in reef tanks “rapidly” are bad for the reef. However, most is not everything.

If the phosphate remover had the power to “tear” or “forcefully remove” phosphates from preexisting chemical bonds, that would be harmful – you’d be breaking down the animals! Fortunately, it does not do that. It only removes phosphates which are not already bound chemically to something else. So it does no harm if its removal of phosphates.

It is very similar to carbon’s removal of things that discolor water or removing chlorine from water. It is more or less instantaneous removal – as soon as the carbon contacts it, it is gone. But because it only impacts free compounds in the water, it harms nothing because it does not break any preexisting chemical bonds to do so.

Hope this information helps.
Thank you

AQUARIUM DESIGNS UNLIMITED
A Division of IADEM Pet Products Inc.

www.aquariumdesigns.ca
info@aquariumdesings.ca

Custom and Standard Aquarium tanks any shape and size up to 13,000 Gallons with a Lifetime Warranty, fresh & saltwater livestock, services and supplies.

Palisades Shopping Centre
12909 - 140th Ave
(located by Safeway at the intersection of 137th Ave and 127th street)
Mon-Friday 12:30pm to 7:00pm
Saturdays 10:00am to 4:00pm
Old 04-03-2007, 09:56 PM

dirtyreefer is on a distinguished road

Don't aluminum based phosphate binders leech phosphates when exhausted?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Banned

demon666 is on a distinguished road

i too asked him this but in the pm reply he said it wont and i think for the price of it , it wouldnt hurt to try it......jmo
Old 04-03-2007, 10:32 PM

Matt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon666 View Post
i too asked him this but in the pm reply he said it wont and i think for the price of it , it wouldnt hurt to try it......jmo
Were you quoted a price, or did you find it somehow on their antediluvian website? Is there a brick-and-mortar retail outlet associated with IADEM?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:38 PM

TRS is on a distinguished road

Iron-based media is supposed to be the best phosphate binder. There are several of them on the market today. They include ROWAphos, PhoSar, Ultra Power Phos and a few others. Based the fact that the FRITZ product is Aluminum-based and also binds silica, I would not use it. If you do attempt the FRITZ Phosphate Remover, please post your results for the benefit of others.

The aluminum dissolves and irritates corals as described in this article:

Aluminum and aluminum-based phosphate binders
http://advancedaquarist.com/issues/july2003/chem.htm

Last edited by TRS; 04-04-2007 at 01:26 AM. Reason: URL correction
Old 04-03-2007, 11:14 PM

dirtyreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon666 View Post
LOL, "it won't". There's some good science behind that explanation
Old 04-04-2007, 01:06 AM

Matt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTang View Post
Iron-based media is supposed to be the best phosphate binder. There are several of them on the market today. They include ROWAphos, PhoSar, Ultra Power Phos and a few others. Based the fact that the FRITZ product is Aluminum-based and also binds silica, I would not use it. If you do attempt the FRITZ Phosphate Remover, please post your results for the benefit of others.

The aluminum dissolves and irritates corals as described in this article:

Aluminum and aluminum-based phosphate binders
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/iss...ly2003/chem.htm
The link doesn't work...I found it at this url http://advancedaquarist.com/issues/july2003/chem.htm

Last edited by Matt; 04-04-2007 at 01:10 AM.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:22 AM

TRS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The link doesn't work...I found it at this url http://advancedaquarist.com/issues/july2003/chem.htm

Thanks for the correction Matt.