Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 02-02-2011, 02:13 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andestang View Post
Maybe the circus is hiring ? Things are really looking good Kien ! I have to ask, where did you find those ice cube trays ?
Thanks . Those trays came from ikea
Old 02-02-2011, 04:25 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
I know of somebody that will be kicking herself when she reads this....
*kick* *kick* Did somebody say they might need to re-home their clown tang?

I love clown tangs and was quite PO'd when I lost mine in the velvet outbreak almost 2 yrs ago. I did really really want to add another one to my 230g (partly because the first one I had was awesome and never picked on anyone) and mostly because I love the look of them. However I have an awesome powder blue and purple tang that I'd hate to see get picked on (not sure if the clown would or not though since he'd be in after them, most likely it would be the other way around) and I want to add a naso tang which should go in before a clown tang and I have a long horn cowfish that I absolutely do not want to risk stressing out whatsoever. Ugh *sigh* Ugh must.......resist.........the possible.........temptation........of awesome clown tang......... FYI I will be in town on Feb 12-15th

Last edited by fishoholic; 02-02-2011 at 04:28 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
*kick* *kick* Did somebody say they might need to re-home their clown tang?

I love clown tangs and was quite PO'd when I lost mine in the velvet outbreak almost 2 yrs ago. I did really really want to add another one to my 230g (partly because the first one I had was awesome and never picked on anyone) and mostly because I love the look of them. However I have an awesome powder blue and purple tang that I'd hate to see get picked on (not sure if the clown would or not though since he'd be in after them, most likely it would be the other way around) and I want to add a naso tang which should go in before a clown tang and I have a long horn cowfish that I absolutely do not want to risk stressing out whatsoever. Ugh *sigh* Ugh must.......resist.........the possible.........temptation........of awesome clown tang......... FYI I will be in town on Feb 12-15th
Ya I'm pretty certain my clown would murder your powder blue. I have a blue line trigger that is afraid of the clown tang. Ironically I did intend for this tank to be non-reef safe and aggressive with triggers and nippy angels but never anticipated a clown tang going psychotic on EVERYONE!
Old 02-02-2011, 02:06 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Ya I'm pretty certain my clown would murder your powder blue. I have a blue line trigger that is afraid of the clown tang. Ironically I did intend for this tank to be non-reef safe and aggressive with triggers and nippy angels but never anticipated a clown tang going psychotic on EVERYONE!
I could always try adding it to my FOWLR 230g (if you want to re-home it, and think it's aggressive enough to hold it's own against my king angel) but I have to warn you my King angel has tried to kill any other angel or tang I have ever tried to add to my fowlr tank, so I fear it would be a bad idea.....no mater how much I really want one
Old 02-02-2011, 03:39 PM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Just too bad, it is such a nice fish. I hope my sohal tang does not have that bad behavior
Old 02-02-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleus View Post
Just too bad, it is such a nice fish. I hope my sohal tang does not have that bad behavior
I used to have a sohal too but had to give him up due too aggression as well. The Clown has turned out to be more aggressive than the Sohal. You just never know. One day, beautiful peaceful angelic fish, the next day, devil fish from hell.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:22 PM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
I used to have a sohal too but had to give him up due too aggression as well. The Clown has turned out to be more aggressive than the Sohal. You just never know. One day, beautiful peaceful angelic fish, the next day, devil fish from hell.
Hmm, I start seeing my sohal aggression now during feeding time where he chases chromis but after that he is a cool dude. However, he still got picked by my hippo and purple tang. Only 2 months and half so can't really tell for sure he will be become a devil. One thing i got to admire this fish is he can heal super fast.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:04 PM

Ah, what a wonderful community we have here. A very generous canreefer (who happens to live a few blocks from me) has offered up some Interceptor so I will be able to nuke those little bastards after all. I have started to collect as many inverts out of my tanks as possible to place them into a holding tank in preparation for the 3-4 week treatment.

I have quite a few inverts that I would like to save, cleaner shrimp, fire shrimp, pom pom crabs, sexy shrimp, hermit crabs (yes, I like them, deal with it!), acropora crabs. I think this is going to be the challenging part as there are quite a few colonies with acropora crabs and I am determined to fish as many out as I can. This will mean ripping encrusted colonies off of rocks to get at those crabs too I guess.. oh joy!

I realize that there is the possibility that the invert holding tank will contain red bugs transferred from the main display so I will have to keep a close eye on them during the course of the month to evaluate the viability of returning them to the main display. In the end Interceptor would likely be a death sentence to them anyway so if there is any hope of saving them from that fate I feel as if I should make an attempt.

Last edited by kien; 02-03-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:09 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Just got some Interceptor for my pooch yesterday.
Glad to see you found some local though.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Best of luck with this man. Looking forward to your 'rb primer' before I get all nutty with pills too.