Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > World Feeds

Old 02-22-2017, 10:52 PM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Thought id give it a try since my yellow tang and foxface are both on the thin side with the wrasses being pigs. Needed a food thats safer to feed in excess (phosphates) so everyone gets a fair share as well.

Well the Marine Pellets were a hit day 1. Even the Sailfin Blenny was eating them.
It stayed in the water column more then long enough for the Anthias to enjoy. They also happily ate the seconds from the wrasses who put way to much in their mouth and spit it back out.

Only a few fish have figured out what the grazers are so far. Happy to see you get 2 suction cups in the 290g container. Waiting on the tang to give them a try but hes busy eating sunken crumbs from the pellets the wrasses are stirring up. Will try and get a video of it when more fish figure out the grazers. But its holding up so far with the piggys going for them. Clearly i made a mistake starting with 2 because its lasting.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:58 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Great feedback.

Yes the grazer does take a little longer as its composition and shape is so much different but they will always take to it and destroy it once its figured out
Old 02-23-2017, 01:15 AM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

The pellets seem to be working out well for the majority of your tank. I have much the same livestock and I am considering transitioning to either pellets or flake. What were you feeding your tank prior to the switch?
Old 02-23-2017, 10:49 PM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

I was using Omega One pellets, a few varieties, and a variety of frozen (Mostly Pro Salt and the odd Hakari) and just grocery store dried nori every so often.

The Rabbitfish and tang have figured out the Grazer. So everyone but the Anthias and Blackstripe wrasse (scared to see how long it lasts when she tries it) and Blenny are using the grazer. The Yellow Tang is using it but still prefers nibbling on the sunken pellets.

https://youtu.be/8gfFBV88X2w

Even the wrasses leave it alone when the rabbit fish is at it. Wow....

Heres a couple of my obese wrasses chowing down.
https://youtu.be/7Wpfl_KbQj4

Last edited by Coasting; 02-23-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:31 AM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

Awesome! I just picked up the grazers and will be trying it out tomorrow in the tank. I also tried to get the marine pellets, however they were out of stock. I have read a lot of good reviews and based on the video all your fish seem to like it.